Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-17-2010, 02:21 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Horde Flag Warden

After Cataclysm most people are expecting another Hero Class to be introduced into the game and a Hero Class that has had more time spend on it to make sure it will not be similar to the whole Death Knight imbalance situation.

I am preety sure that the next Hero Class will be either a Pure DPS or able to be a Healer and DPS making the Warden in my idea a great choice.

I might be digging abit deep here but back in Warcraft 3 there were Gnoll Wardens present that were healers which is why i think the Warden would be a good choice.

I might be thinking out of context here but i feel that it has more relevance than the popular Demon Hunter unless it came out in another Burning Legion expansion aka Argus and Blizzard were wanting to go with the whole Pure DPS.

What do you guys think am i just digging deep here with the whole Warden Healer situation ?

Run
Old 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Gnoll Wardens and Night Elf Wardens are not at all the same "class". They just both deal with prisoners.

Blizzard did say in WotLK previews that the Acherus Death Knights were a cross between the moderately disconnected Warcraft II and III Death Knights, but the two Warden types are much more distant.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
I am preety sure that the next Hero Class will be either a Pure DPS or able to be a Healer and DPS making the Warden in my idea a great choice.

I might be digging abit deep here but back in Warcraft 3 there were Gnoll Wardens present that were healers which is why i think the Warden would be a good choice.

I might be thinking out of context here but i feel that it has more relevance than the popular Demon Hunter unless it came out in another Burning Legion expansion aka Argus and Blizzard were wanting to go with the whole Pure DPS.

What do you guys think am i just digging deep here with the whole Warden Healer situation ?
Yeah, I think you are just digging deep. I don't think those wardens have anything to do with each other.

As for my personal choices, I wanted Tinker, then I wanted Demon Hunter and lately I want Tinker back. My tinker would be a mix between the 2 goblin heroes of Warcraft III: Tinker (aoe rockets, explosive minions and mecha-form) and Alchemist (aoe heal, berserker, poison and transform into gold).

The tinker would focus on healing and weird tricks and buffs to defeat their enemies.

Also, if I make it related to my 4th expansion idea, then they could get time-related abilities, making them even more complex and unique.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 01-17-2010 at 03:02 PM..
Old 01-17-2010, 03:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Yeah, I think you are just digging deep. I don't think those wardens have anything to do with each other.

As for my personal choices, I wanted Tinker, then I wanted Demon Hunter and lately I want Tinker back. My tinker would be a mix between the 2 goblin heroes of Warcraft III: Tinker (aoe rockets, explosive minions and mecha-form) and Alchemist (aoe heal, berserker, poison and transform into gold).

The tinker would focus on healing and weird tricks and buffs to defeat their enemies.

Also, if I make it related to my 4th expansion idea, then they could get time-related abilities, making them even more complex and unique.
In respect to classes Ursa totemic are overpowered
Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
In respect to classes Ursa totemic are overpowered
I think you meant to say they are awesome.

Plus, there's always balancing. Death Knights started out very overpowered, but now they're only slightly so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:49 PM

Huntress

The last thing the game needs is more DPS.
If they were smart, they'd make the next hero class a tank, healer, or hybrid of the two.
I'm hoping they're smart.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
I think you meant to say they are awesome.

Plus, there's always balancing. Death Knights started out very overpowered, but now they're only slightly so

I doubt the ability to gut dragon in one swipe can be balanced and yes they are awesome