Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1451  
Old 12-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

I just reached Skyhold and for some reason the bug where you select a conversation option and then have the character just awkwardly stand there and say nothing is happening a lot more now. I think I encountered it... once before? But now I've hit it about three times in this one conversation with Dorian alone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #1452  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Blayze Blayze is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,043

Default

That's the natural progression of Bioware's unnatural conversations.
Reply With Quote
  #1453  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

So what seems to be the verdict?

Just maybe worth getting if it goes on sale? Pass?
Reply With Quote
  #1454  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,446

Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
So what seems to be the verdict?

Just maybe worth getting if it goes on sale? Pass?
It's pretty good
Reply With Quote
  #1455  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
So what seems to be the verdict?

Just maybe worth getting if it goes on sale? Pass?
Exceptionally good. I've yet to fully finish it, but so far it's been 80 hours worth of Bioware apologizing for their past few mistakes in the best possible way.
Reply With Quote
  #1456  
Old 12-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

So far it's widely considered to be to Dragon Age what Mass Effect 2 was to Mass Effect.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #1457  
Old 12-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
So far it's widely considered to be to Dragon Age what Mass Effect 2 was to Mass Effect.
This is a good thing, right?
Reply With Quote
  #1458  
Old 12-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
This is a good thing, right?
Yes. Mass Effect 2 is widely considered to be one of the best games Bioware has ever put out and among the best games of its generation period.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #1459  
Old 12-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

As somebody who adored Mass Effect 1, as somebody who thought Mass Effect 2 was 'alright', as somebody who thought Dragon Age: Origins was 'very good', as somebody who thought Dragon Age 2 was boring rancid shit and as somebody who thought Mass Effect 3 was a total piece of utter trash that should go down in history as the most insanely horrific bastard stupid thing (or one of) in gaming history, and as somebody who lost almost complete and total faith in BioWare as a company...

...it's actually pretty damn great. This might actually be my game of the year. They've basically taken almost everything and improved upon it massively. The zones are huge but they don't feel TOO big. There's always some detail crammed in there without it feeling pointlessly stretched out. You can see the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls influences but it doesn't feel like an obnoxious copy/pasted as one might have feared. Conversations flow nicely, every character is unique and interesting (Sera can fuck off), the combat I actually enjoy quite a bit. The storyline actually feels like you're on this grand and epic journey. Thus far there has been less in the way of 'huge' decisions but I presume that's due to BioWare being mortified of how much flak they might receive otherwise. I can't really comment too much on that though since I'm not that far into the story I think.

This sums it up best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Exceptionally good. I've yet to fully finish it, but so far it's been 80 hours worth of Bioware apologizing for their past few mistakes in the best possible way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-04-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1460  
Old 12-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
As somebody who adored Mass Effect 1, as somebody who thought Mass Effect 2 was 'alright', as somebody who thought Dragon Age: Origins was 'very good', as somebody who thought Dragon Age 2 was boring rancid shit and as somebody who thought Mass Effect 3 was a total piece of utter trash that should go down in history as the most insanely horrific bastard stupid thing (or one of) in gaming history, and as somebody who lost almost complete and total faith in BioWare as a company...

...it's actually pretty damn great. This might actually be my game of the year. They've basically taken almost everything and improved upon it massively. The zones are massive but they don't feel TOO big. There's always some detail crammed in there without it feeling pointlessly stretched out. You can see the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls influences but it doesn't feel like an obnoxious copy/pasted as one might have feared. Conversations flow nicely, every character is unique and interesting (Sera can fuck off), the combat I actually enjoy quite a bit. Thus far there has been less in the way of 'huge' decisions but I presume that's due to BioWare being mortified of how much flak they might receive otherwise. I can't really comment too much on that though since I'm not that far into the story I think.

This sums it up best.
The friend whose internet I'm leeching atm is nagging me day and evening to get Inquisition. DA2 and ME3 made me lose all faith in Bioware but I am starting to lean towards getting it as soon as I've moved out of my apartment. Loved Origins to bits, the Dalish elf rogue i made back then is one of my favorites. The elves have been sucky derps since then .
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #1461  
Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
The friend whose internet I'm leeching atm is nagging me day and evening to get Inquisition. DA2 and ME3 made me lose all faith in Bioware but I am starting to lean towards getting it as soon as I've moved out of my apartment. Loved Origins to bits, the Dalish elf rogue i made back then is one of my favorites. The elves have been sucky derps since then .
I'm the most cynical and bitter person I know, who lost basically all faith in BioWare and DA2/ME3 and even I'm in awe of just how much they've been redeeming themselves with this.

I think it's the lack of faith most people really had that has knocked them (and me) for six.

I will say that I can see how playing Inquisition as anything but a human might feel a little weird. There's such religious overtones to it that I really couldn't see myself as playing it as say... a Dwarf, as much as I love them. Choosing conversations where the Inquisitor acts like s/he IS the Chosen of Andraste flows pretty well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-04-2014 at 07:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1462  
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I will say that I can see how playing Inquisition as anything but a human might feel a little weird. There's such religious overtones to it that I really couldn't see myself as playing it as say... a Dwarf, as much as I love them. Choosing conversations where the Inquisitor acts like s/he IS the Chosen of Andraste flows pretty well.
You'll play based-Qunari and you'll fucking like it.

Quote:
The Qunari Inquisitor is a Vashoth; a Qunari who was never born into the Qun.
..............

Nevermind then. Bravo BioWare.
Reply With Quote
  #1463  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Bravo BioWare.
This was why I went with Human. Playing a Qunari who wasn't born into the Qun would run the risk of you just being a big human.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #1464  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,377
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Remember, the other 3 races weren't added until DA:I was well into development and they got an extra year's time to make the game. The story was written with a human protag in mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1465  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Remember, the other 3 races weren't added until DA:I was well into development and they got an extra year's time to make the game. The story was written with a human protag in mind.
I hope this practice continues. Inquisition has been brilliant thus far, I just don't want all of their regained confidence to now be taken advantage of and we get the 'sequel' a year and a half from now wit the same graphics, half of the zones are re-used/edited and basically Inquisition 1.5. That they gave them that extra year in the first place should hopefully make them realise "Oh shit, maybe this is a good thing."

That extra year they spent definitely shows... in a good way I mean.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #1466  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I hope this practice continues. Inquisition has been brilliant thus far, I just don't want all of their regained confidence to now be taken advantage of and we get the 'sequel' a year and a half from now wit the same graphics, half of the zones are re-used/edited and basically Inquisition 1.5. That they gave them that extra year in the first place should hopefully make them realise "Oh shit, maybe this is a good thing."

That extra year they spent definitely shows... in a good way I mean.
That was the first thought that came to my mind; if they pull another Dragon Age 2 (out so soon after previous game, lacking in polish, a big mess of reused bland nonsense, etc) it's going to kill the franchise.

Seriously, do not pull that shit again BioWare.
Reply With Quote
  #1467  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 AM
belorealah belorealah is offline

Arch-Druid
belorealah's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,165
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default

Im super enjoying dragon age, loving how huge the world is, and finding all the random little things.

If anyone wants to multiplayer give me a poke. Play on PC.

Currently a mage, most likely rift mage (When I get to that part)
__________________
Increasingly jaded and whiny with wow lore

Reply With Quote
  #1468  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:30 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
Currently a mage, most likely rift mage (When I get to that part)
[Absolutely Disgusting]

I've not touched MP yet. Like ME3 I'll probably wait until the point-of-no-return just so I don't accidentally 'spoil' any enemy types/zone aesthetics until I've sucked them in as an Inquisitor. I've really been enjoying the sword-and-board playstyle of Warrior so I'll probably be a Templar in MP, plus my Inquisitor is one anyway.

Dorian is probably my favourite non-Cassandra companion so far. He's such a huge depository on Tevinter Imperium lore, plus pretty amusing to boot.

Cassandra getting caught reading smut is likely my favourite Dragon Age companion moment ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-05-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1469  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:56 AM
belorealah belorealah is offline

Arch-Druid
belorealah's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,165
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
[Absolutely Disgusting]

I've not touched MP yet. Like ME3 I'll probably wait until the point-of-no-return just so I don't accidentally 'spoil' any enemy types/zone aesthetics until I've sucked them in as an Inquisitor. I've really been enjoying the sword-and-board playstyle of Warrior so I'll probably be a Templar in MP, plus my Inquisitor is one anyway.

Dorian is probably my favourite non-Cassandra companion so far. He's such a huge depository on Tevinter Imperium lore, plus pretty amusing to boot.

Cassandra getting caught reading smut is likely my favourite Dragon Age companion moment ever.
hehe

I am not one for melee classes, might go bow-rogue next play through. Or I could perhaps go tank. But I'd rather stand at the back and rain down hell.

Was thinking of knight enchanter too, but its too much in to the melee side that I know I wouldn't enjoy it.

The Cassandra scene had me in stitches, but the best scene is the Iron bull romance scene...

my current set up is Dorien (Who I romanced) my elf mage, Cass, then switching between Iron bull and cole. Solas I should do something with but I can't help but find him a little irritating. Blackwall, well, he isn't even a factor in my world. And Sera is irritating with her ~innit~ stuff. I love Vivenne; and sometimes she gets taken along instead of Dorien, but she isn't 'main squad' as such.

I don't care what anyone says, the story is amazing. The Haven battle and dawn will come song made me have a little sad cry and get happy tingles. Its engrossing.

though I am highly irritated by all the bugs, glitches and things. They are forgivable for hours and hours of enjoyment
__________________
Increasingly jaded and whiny with wow lore

Reply With Quote
  #1470  
Old 12-05-2014, 07:26 AM
xie323 xie323 is offline

Eternal
xie323's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lake Jackson, Texas
Posts: 4,750

Default

Wow, it looks like Dragon Age: Inquisition really was game of the year material. Most people except some extreme purists and 4chan like it. But is it because of the pessimism surrounding the company in question after THREE misses or is it because its a legitimately good game, or both?

I would personally say both. It is a great game from the videos I've seen(I need to update my video card to play this) and the companions are intresting and you do have multiple epilogues. But it is said to not be on level of Origins...but nowhere as bad or polarizing as the last few events so much discontent is also the reason for its success.
__________________
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson


So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 12-05-2014 at 07:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1471  
Old 12-05-2014, 08:06 AM
belorealah belorealah is offline

Arch-Druid
belorealah's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,165
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
Wow, it looks like Dragon Age: Inquisition really was game of the year material. Most people except some extreme purists and 4chan like it. But is it because of the pessimism surrounding the company in question after THREE misses or is it because its a legitimately good game, or both?

I would personally say both. It is a great game from the videos I've seen(I need to update my video card to play this) and the companions are intresting and you do have multiple epilogues. But it is said to not be on level of Origins...but nowhere as bad or polarizing as the last few events so much discontent is also the reason for its success.
I'd say it was better than origins. Granted Origins is -amazing- and I have played hours and hours over and over. But, its quite Linear, it feels there is a set path to follow. But in 3, there is a real sense of exploration, of finding secrets, and uncovering mysteries. The story isn't set in stone (Or how I perceive it) there is a chance to fail, which I like the idea of. Plus, the characterisation of the companions seems to be more in depth, more like they are people who have their own path and want to be there to help.

Though, one complaint I do have. Is the horses, I cant stand the controls and have used a matter of a handful of times. Oh, and though I dont like sera. I dont like that she is the only companion that you can just get rid of

I wonder if there will be any DLC, and what they will be!
__________________
Increasingly jaded and whiny with wow lore

Reply With Quote
  #1472  
Old 12-05-2014, 11:06 AM
xie323 xie323 is offline

Eternal
xie323's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lake Jackson, Texas
Posts: 4,750

Default

Probably new area, postgame or expansion DLCs, don't expect companion DLCs because Bioware has learned that backlash from Javik in ME3.
__________________
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson


So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #1473  
Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Fordragon Fordragon is offline

Elune
Fordragon's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Furillo, Furillo Province, Grand Duchy of Furillo
Posts: 5,517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
Oh, and though I dont like sera. I dont like that she is the only companion that you can just get rid of
Well, she's clearly not invested in what's going on. Even characters who don't seem to give a fuck about much like Iron Bull have more going on than Sera, who is just there because of an opportunity she saw.

__________________
"Damn, snowcone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch? You best be ready for this shit, Cranberry Juice, cuz you bout to get FUCKED." -L Dubba E

Last edited by Fordragon; 12-06-2014 at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1474  
Old 12-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Don't you get the option to get rid of Cole as well, once Solace figures out he's a spirit/demon?

One gripe I have is that all of the Haven NPCs we can save are all redundant once you get to Skyhold. Even if you save them, they're replaced by totally different NPCs in their respective jobs and just wander around with one line of dialogue. It would have been a neat thing if the ones we saved kept doing their old jobs.

I also find it a bit weird Cassandra has a fresh cutscene (a proper one, not just dialogue) pretty much every time I talk to her, whilst poor Blackwall and Solace haven't said a new thing since we arrived at Skyhold.

Also, once again, fuck Sera. She's apparently all about helping the 'little people' and hates rich nobles, but she sections off a quarter of the inn and fills it with her stolen swag and expensive junk, even more so than Vivienne who is meant to be the more wealthy/vain inclined companion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-06-2014 at 08:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1475  
Old 12-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Fordragon Fordragon is offline

Elune
Fordragon's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Furillo, Furillo Province, Grand Duchy of Furillo
Posts: 5,517

Default

I tried to get rid of Solas when he got all racist toward Qunari but the game wouldn't let me. I punched his dumb face with my giant fist though.
__________________
"Damn, snowcone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch? You best be ready for this shit, Cranberry Juice, cuz you bout to get FUCKED." -L Dubba E
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bioware, dragons

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.