Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:35 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Another Bronze Dragon decides to go back in time and helps her kill Azshara so that the War of the Ancients never happens.
With the help of Chromie, Jaina goes back in time and convinces her late father to form the Alliance prior to the opening of the dark portal and convinces Llane to have Medivh killed before he can begin work on the dark portal. She then leads her father and the leaders of the Seven Nations plus Magni, Anasterian and Gelbin to the future to fight the horde and the "complacent" Alliance.

I bring you the next expansion pack: Highlords of Azeroth
Old 07-02-2017, 06:37 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Maybe non-DH nelves can get black hair, finally?
And belves at all.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:55 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I'd actually be really interested in seeing a what-if where the WotA never happened. I mean not as an expansion obviously but that sounds like a cool idea for a comic or book.
I'd like to see the "dynamic future" that Tassadar's generation was expecting had the Zerg not showed up.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:15 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
I think he is going to reunite with Ebonhorn and Sabellian, and push further his plans of "building the last Titan", or whatever he said back in Pandaria.

I also expect that, while we are busy in Argus, Azeroth gets rekt by the old Gods and Aszhara, and we come back to fix a looooot of new problems.
5th time is the charm?

people have been expecting an azshara expansion since Wotlk.

and it usually is by the same wording

"While we are busy on [Current Expansions Continent] we come back and Azeroth has been invaded by OGs and Azshara and her nagas"

its a meme at this point.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:04 PM

Faerie Dragon

Now, I'm a little confused with this, I found a model called planetazeroth01 that looks like this.

I don't know if it looks like a drowned azeroth or if it looks like azeroth when it was a baby or something? it looks weird.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:10 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
Now, I'm a little confused with this, I found a model called planetazeroth01 that looks like this.

I don't know if it looks like a drowned azeroth or if it looks like azeroth when it was a baby or something? it looks weird.
It is the backside.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
It is the backside.
You can see the continents underwater.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
You can see the continents underwater.
I don't.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
With the help of Chromie, Jaina goes back in time and convinces her late father to form the Alliance prior to the opening of the dark portal and convinces Llane to have Medivh killed before he can begin work on the dark portal. She then leads her father and the leaders of the Seven Nations plus Magni, Anasterian and Gelbin to the future to fight the horde and the "complacent" Alliance.

I bring you the next expansion pack: Highlords of Azeroth
She teams up with Garrosh and they kill the Burning Legion.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I don't.
Dark outlines near bright blue.

One near the left of the globe peaking through the clouds appears to be Kalimdor
Old 07-02-2017, 09:28 PM

Owl Scout

Quote:
Dark outlines near bright blue.

One near the left of the globe peaking through the clouds appears to be Kalimdor
Uh. I can't see it. Can you trace it in MS paint or something? If that's not too much to ask. I'm curious.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:36 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
5th time is the charm?

people have been expecting an azshara expansion since Wotlk.

and it usually is by the same wording

"While we are busy on [Current Expansions Continent] we come back and Azeroth has been invaded by OGs and Azshara and her nagas"

its a meme at this point.
Because its the only situation that makes sense up to now: we are distracted and the old gods take the chance to make a mess. Like you said, it is also what everyone expects to happen, maybe Blizzard will do something different, with that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavi
Another Bronze Dragon decides to go back in time
Well, the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight is in our future. I know its sarcasm, but its whats bound to happen sooner or later :3
Old 07-02-2017, 10:19 PM

Eternal

Doesn't the sidetrip to AU Draenor pretty much mean that the current timeline is no longer the "original" timeline?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Doesn't the sidetrip to AU Draenor pretty much mean that the current timeline is no longer the "original" timeline?
The main timeline's past stayed the same.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:38 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post

I think its supposed to be the Azeroth that appears in Argus' sky but the continents aren't displaying correctly.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azshande View Post
Uh. I can't see it. Can you trace it in MS paint or something? If that's not too much to ask. I'm curious.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:53 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
The main timeline's past stayed the same.
True, though arguably the Bronzes or Timewalkers not erasing all MU evidence of WoD would constitute allowing the "true" course of events to remain polluted by events from another timeline - moreover, another timeline that isn't even native to our universe. People's fears of Azeroth's history being altered had Blizz promising this wasn't time travel while failing to address that our Azeroth's timeways were still being influenced in the present day (and now the past, albeit recent) by a foreign timeline and that damage was never undone.

As products of a "wrong" timeline, the Iron Horde shouldn't belong in our universe or our timeline, just as our retaliatory disappearance from this timeline to go fight in their universe shouldn't either. I'm no fan of the "just forget WoD ever happened" philosophy from a writing standpoint, but...in-universe everything we've ever been told about how time works in WarCraft indicates that not erasing WoD's effects on Azeroth means leaving our timeline altered by events that weren't meant to happen. And that's supposed to be a big no-no if you don't want time itself to unravel and collapse.

Last edited by ARM3481; 07-02-2017 at 10:58 PM..
Old 07-03-2017, 12:25 AM

Elune

Quote:

"Dragons are gonna be important next expansion" hmm...
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:56 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
True, though arguably the Bronzes or Timewalkers not erasing all MU evidence of WoD would constitute allowing the "true" course of events to remain polluted by events from another timeline - moreover, another timeline that isn't even native to our universe. People's fears of Azeroth's history being altered had Blizz promising this wasn't time travel while failing to address that our Azeroth's timeways were still being influenced in the present day (and now the past, albeit recent) by a foreign timeline and that damage was never undone.

As products of a "wrong" timeline, the Iron Horde shouldn't belong in our universe or our timeline, just as our retaliatory disappearance from this timeline to go fight in their universe shouldn't either. I'm no fan of the "just forget WoD ever happened" philosophy from a writing standpoint, but...in-universe everything we've ever been told about how time works in WarCraft indicates that not erasing WoD's effects on Azeroth means leaving our timeline altered by events that weren't meant to happen. And that's supposed to be a big no-no if you don't want time itself to unravel and collapse.
It happened after Cata, so even with mortal Timewalkers help they probably -can't- remove WoD's influence.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-03-2017, 01:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
The hell are those outlines supposed to represent. I cannot see either continent.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:31 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
It happened after Cata, so even with mortal Timewalkers help they probably -can't- remove WoD's influence.
That's just it, though; if they can't, then what are they doing? Why do the Timewalkers even exist at all?

Plus there's the question of why Bronzes from before Cataclysm aren't able to come forward and keep doing their jobs. Clearly Chromie and we can keep going back because the most important tool for patrolling the timeways (i.e. the Caverns of Time) still works, so why can't they also come forward?

"After Cataclysm" shouldn't even mean anything to the Bronzes, because Chromie's repeated appearances already established than no single version of any one of them was solidly "from" any particular point in time relative to themselves. Every one of them was constantly traveling "everywhen," all the time, including the future (as seen with their ability to travel the End Time.) Removing that power would by necessity have to erase them from ever having existed (along with everything they ever did), because as such powers span past, present and future, by its very nature that removal has be retroactive for it to even have happened at all.

Per the very way time works, you can't remove the Bronze Dragonflight's powers over time without also removing them ever having possessed those powers in the first place, because since they began traversing the timeways there ceased to be any such thing as "present day" Bronze dragons.

Last edited by ARM3481; 07-03-2017 at 01:34 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 01:35 AM

Elune

Land underwater
Old 07-03-2017, 01:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
That's just it, though; if they can't, then what are they doing? Why do the Timewalkers even exist at all?

Plus there's the question of why Bronzes from before Cataclysm aren't able to come forward and keep doing their jobs. Clearly Chromie and we can keep going back because the most important tool for patrolling the timeways (i.e. the Caverns of Time) still works, so why can't they also come forward?

"After Cataclysm" shouldn't even mean anything to the Bronzes, because Chromie's repeated appearances already established than no single version of any one of them was solidly "from" any particular point in time relative to themselves. Every one of them was constantly traveling "everywhen," all the time, including the future (as seen with their ability to travel the End Time.) Removing that power would by necessity have to erase them from ever having existed (along with everything they ever did), because as such powers span past, present and future, by its very nature that removal has be retroactive for it to even have happened at all.

Per the very way time works, you can't remove the Bronze Dragonflight's powers over time without also removing them ever having possessed those powers in the first place, because since they began traversing the timeways there ceased to be any such thing as "present day" Bronze dragons.
Obviously there's a magical force in the air that strips them of their powers if they go to the present.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:07 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Fixing what they can and not ignoring everything just because they can't fix the main problem I guess?

As for the rest of your post, Time Travel is Dumb and Blizzard shouldn't have based a flight on it anyway.

What would've been a better 'niche' for the Bronze instead of Time?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-03-2017, 04:08 AM

Banished

Last night i dreamed that Her xpack had finally been announced. It was called "Sateillane" (yeah that made as much sense even sleeping). Trailer involved a tall elvenish structure that started in the surface and went all the way down into the ocean. As it went down, you saw OctoAzshara tenctacles.

Azshara was wearing white rag-like clothes too

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 07-03-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion