Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 09-20-2014, 04:27 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Like? GTA and CoD certainly didn't change anything.
Can't remember any specific example from games. Maybe how Bully was forbidden in a lot of random places?
Old 09-20-2014, 04:29 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Can't remember any specific example from games. Maybe how Bully was forbidden in a lot of random places?
Where was Bully banned?

I only remember R* having to change the European title to Canis Canem Edit, because of some retarded reason.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Where was Bully banned?

I only remember R* having to change the European title to Canis Canem Edit, because of some retarded reason.
Australia maybe? I know there were a lot of people complaining about it and it went to court and the judge threw the case out, after buying the game and playing because it did the opposite of glorifying bullying.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:37 PM

World Builder

Quote:
The Spanish example in "avoiceformen" is a good example where feminism is hurting men.

There are other like the recent "rape campus crisis" which has led many men having their lives ruined without due process. (and ending with suing)

The so called "30 second" rapist.

Lots of other examples that I've been reading lately.

Fair enough.

Most Feminism doesn't hurt men, and there's radical members of every group.

Getting rid of radical bad things in the movement needs to happen, but I feel there's a palpable difference between well intentioned laws being too extreme/an obvious miscarriage of justice and people using feminism to oppose nasty media standards, and other social/cultural problems.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-20-2014, 04:38 PM

Elune

It's weird how Bully is part of the GTA universe. No wonder everyone was so screwed up.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:40 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Stuff from WoW gets removed or changed because feminists find it offensive. Name other movements that hurt games in such ways. There are none.
Not to mention there have been game developers saying lately how their artistic freedom has been hindered.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:40 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Stuff from WoW gets removed or changed because feminists find it offensive. Name other movements that hurt games in such ways. There are none.
You mean the thing with Ji and Aysa? I'm not sure that even constitutes a removal.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Not to mention there have been game developers saying lately how their artistic freedom has been hindered.

Such as?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 09-20-2014, 04:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Fair enough.

Most Feminism doesn't hurt men, and there's radical members of every group.

Getting rid of radical bad things in the movement needs to happen, but I feel there's a palpable difference between well intentioned laws being too extreme/an obvious miscarriage of justice and people using feminism to oppose nasty media standards, and other social/cultural problems.
But the thing there is indeed an inherent flaw in feminism and that these flaws can't just be pawned off to "radicals". You keep trying to justify feminism flaws as something solely the responsibility of radicals, but would you call the UN, the CDC, Hillary Clinton, the National Organization of Women and Sharon Osbourne as radical feminists.

Only after you understand this can you move on to something better.(warning the MRM is not it either)

Last edited by Ashendant; 09-20-2014 at 04:46 PM..
Old 09-20-2014, 04:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
You mean the thing with Ji and Aysa? I'm not sure that even constitutes a removal.
Or the text about Jaina with ''Before she went crazy''. Why is that offensive? Why do these whiners have more authority than me? What makes them more special than every other fan of Blizzard? Does becoming a SJW mean you can remove/change stuff you don't like by default? Apparently so.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:45 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:

EDIT:

Such as?
The Divinity Original Sin cover art change is one.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:49 PM

World Builder

Quote:
But the thing there is indeed an inherent flaw in feminism and that these flaws can't just be pawned off to "radicals". You keep trying to justify feminism flaws as something solely the responsibility of radicals, but would you call the UN, the CDC, Hillary Clinton, the National Organization of Women and Sharon Osbourne as radical feminists.

Only after you understand this can you move on to something better.(warning the MRM is not it either)
Oh the problem is not just with radicals it's just more pronounced with them.

And I'd rather work to make things better than throw my hands in the air and act like it's unsalvageable.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 09-20-2014, 04:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Oh the problem is not just with radicals it's just more pronounced with them.

And I'd rather work to make things better than throw my hands in the air and act like it's unsalvageable.
That's what I wanted you to understand. Now you need to look at the men's right side of the issue to understand the other side of the issue, rather than denying it's arguments. The easiest place to see it is the Men's right Reddit, you just need to learn to tolerate the bad parts of it and read the good parts of it.

On the top of the Reddit is a good example if you want to understand why MRM opposes/hates feminism.

Nobody is saying that it is unsalvageable, quite the opposite. But if you defend and follow one side without trying to understand the other because you equate hateful voices with it you're not gonna find the solution. (I believe I found two that can go side by side.)
Old 09-20-2014, 05:02 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Or the text about Jaina with ''Before she went crazy''. Why is that offensive? Why do these whiners have more authority than me? What makes them more special than every other fan of Blizzard? Does becoming a SJW mean you can remove/change stuff you don't like by default? Apparently so.
I wasn't around for that dialogue change so I dunno the story behind it.

I think you're more mad about that the change happened at all, that other people were listened to rather than you, instead of actually giving a damn about Jaina's dialogue.

Quote:
The Divinity Original Sin cover art change is one.
http://i.imgur.com/Ltt3uxA.jpg

Oh how horrible, a woman is not in as skimpy armor as before. The game is ruined, artistic integrity forever lost.

No one seems to have a care for when artistic integrity is destroyed to make things skimpier or more marketable, but when FEMINISM causes it? It's the worst thing in the world.

EDIT:

Quote:
That's what I wanted you to understand. Now you need to look at the men's right side of the issue to understand the other side of the issue, rather than denying it's arguments. The easiest place to see it is the Men's right Reddit, you just need to learn to tolerate the bad parts of it and read the good parts of it.

On the top of the Reddit is a good example if you want to understand why MRM opposes/hates feminism.

Nobody is saying that it is unsalvageable, quite the opposite. But if you defend and follow one side without trying to understand the other because you equate hateful voices with it you're not gonna find the solution. (I believe I found two that can go side by side.)
I completely acknowledge their argument, men have lots of problems and need more acknowledgement of those problems and services to handle such things, I just don't like most MRA's because of folks like Avoiceformen and Spearhead.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 09-20-2014 at 05:05 PM..
Old 09-20-2014, 05:03 PM

Eternal

Oi Vey,

So, a master post on how Feminism hurts men, huh?

Let's get started....
Gender Neutral(ish?) rape laws? Not for feminists in India or in Israel. They won BTW.
Distortions and hiding of Gender Symmetry in DV? Thank you Duluth Model!
Joint physical custody with fathers? Not for the National Organisation for Women (NOW)
Anonymity for those Accused of Rape until proven Guilty? Not for Women Against Rape and the London Feminist Network!
Less about harming men and more about harming society, Women's prisons should all close! Says Women's Justice Taskforce!
Here's an odd paper on Feminism the state and Domestic Violence.
Husbands not being parents of cuckold children? NOW opposes this.
Not married? Women can give your child up for adoption but ofcourse, the adoption agency has to protect the mother's interests.
Primary Aggressor Laws Sexist Against men? and how VAWA discriminates against men (I believe this is on predominant aggressor laws).

That's moreso about provable things that could possibly harm men and abit on society, I'm not talking about Hypocrisies and cases of insanity and violence.
I'm also not talking a bunch of youtube videos. There are a bunch of youtube videos on them and such but those types of things are uncertainties...I had to dig through all the shit and find actual provable shit as opposed to YT videos of nuttyness.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
I wasn't around for that dialogue change so I dunno the story behind it.

I think you're more mad about that the change happened at all, that other people were listened to rather than you, instead of actually giving a damn about Jaina's dialogue.

Oh how horrible, a woman is not in as skimpy armor as before. The game is ruined, artistic integrity forever lost.

No one seems to have a care for when artistic integrity is destroyed to make things skimpier or more marketable, but when FEMINISM causes it? It's the worst thing in the world.
Stay forever ignorant of your poisonous movement then.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:06 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Stay forever ignorant of your poisonous movement then.
Me: *acknowledges problems with movement, wants to improve it*

you: "Stay ignorant"

The fuck?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 09-20-2014, 05:11 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:

No one seems to have a care for when artistic integrity is destroyed to make things skimpier or more marketable, but when FEMINISM causes it? It's the worst thing in the world..

The artist complained about it. When it is your work and artistic vision gets changed because people like you complain, then I will take your behavior seriously.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:12 PM

Elune

Quote:

This is the part of feminism that I think we should support. Settings should have equal degrees of skimpiness.

Quote:
I completely acknowledge their argument, men have lots of problems and need more acknowledgement of those problems and services to handle such things, I just don't like most MRA's because of folks like Avoiceformen and Spearhead.
But you don't read them. You don't have to read those particular places, but the reddit is made by large amount of people. Or go see a youtube video from Girl Says What. (I don't think she is an example of bad MRM's, although feminists have indeed tried to label her as such.) I'm suggesting you to go out there and go see the other side of the issue rather than just ignore until you are confronted with it.

The solution(s) comes after.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Me: *acknowledges problems with movement, wants to improve it*

you: "Stay ignorant"

The fuck?
You don't acknowledge shit. You lightly mention problems, and than downplay them as much as possible. Like your defense of Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Elune

I just don't use the term feminism when I talk about issues that disproportionately affect women. Too many people hate it.

Take lady problems seriously!

World Builder

Quote:
The artist complained about it. When it is your work and artistic vision gets changed because people like you complain, then I will take your behavior seriously.
Why not take the behavior of artists who are forced to do the opposite seriously?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 09-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Some feminists also want to make it illegal for men to pee standing up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1590572.html
Old 09-20-2014, 05:15 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Why not take the behavior of artists who are forced to do the opposite seriously?
Because that's not what the discussion was about. I responded to you directly about feminism, I didn't enter the conversation for you to make the discussion about something else because what you said was incorrect.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:15 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
You don't acknowledge shit. You lightly mention problems, and than downplay them as much as possible. Like your defense of Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn.
I've never defended Quinn, but great job strawmanning as usual.

No one here brought up any of this shit in the masculism thread, none of you except Ashendant actually seem to give a shit usually.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 09-20-2014, 05:17 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Some feminists also want to make it illegal for men to pee standing up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1590572.html
I don't see any problems with that. It's not like they want to regulate what you do at home.

Tags
feminism, poisoned well, serious business