Old 08-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Elune

Jesus...
Old 08-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Jesus...
Mind elaborating? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

The redesigned Sylvari.

http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari

Like how they went away from the elf look quite a bit more. Also cool how armor will be modified for them.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The redesigned Sylvari.

http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari

Like how they went away from the elf look quite a bit more. Also cool how armor will be modified for them.
Kinda like a cross between the blue cat people of Avatar and the fairies of Fern Gully.

. . .

I like it. It's definitely one of the more original races I've seen as playable in an MMO RPG.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Kinda like a cross between the blue cat people of Avatar and the fairies of Fern Gully.

. . .

I like it. It's definitely one of the more original races I've seen as playable in an MMO RPG.
*making one*
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Elune

Quote:

. . .

I like what their Character Artist in general does for the races. I still find it funny how she gave the rest of the dev team the choice of the Charr females either having 6 breasts or no breasts at all since she wanted to stick to actual anatomy (the no breast option was chosen with them just having normal nipples under the fur).
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Mind elaborating? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
I really like some of the ideas, some others I'm not to crazy about.

I like having a defined class, I like having mounts, I like world PvP, etc.

However, the storytelling experience that GW2 is looking to achieve seems like it'll be absolutely breathtaking. But idk. I'm not too sold on the mechanics of combat. I REALLY like the idea of implementing your own music into the game, though. That's genius.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
I really like some of the ideas, some others I'm not to crazy about.

I like having a defined class,
The classes are defined, but by playstyle but not by an arbitrary role in the holy trinity. It's like the difference between warlock and mage, who are both ranged magic DPS, but have completely different playstyles. So you pick your class based upon the playstyle you want rather than the trinitarian role you want.

Quote:
I like world PvP, etc.
Then World of Warcraft must be incredibly depressing for you now. But there will be various pvp options for Guild Wars 2.

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slywyn View Post
*making one*
I want to make one too, but I honestly can't say I -don't- want to make any of the 5 races they have. At first I thought Norn were just giant humans, but reading up, I find the idea of four possible forms to mix with to be quite interesting, as well as how they're used to scale objects in certain pictures (like the fang of the Elder Dragon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I like what their Character Artist in general does for the races. I still find it funny how she gave the rest of the dev team the choice of the Charr females either having 6 breasts or no breasts at all since she wanted to stick to actual anatomy (the no breast option was chosen with them just having normal nipples under the fur).
I did not know that, but that's pretty awesome. Kinda happy they went with the no breasts myself. No need for overly sexualized cat people.

[Edit]

Quote:
The classes are defined, but by playstyle but not by an arbitrary role in the holy trinity. It's like the difference between warlock and mage, who are both ranged magic DPS, but have completely different playstyles. So you pick your class based upon the playstyle you want rather than the trinitarian role you want.
This just makes me so hopeful that the last class to be revealed (a Scholar class), will be a priest/cleric more associated with being a healer. I'd love to make a class like that into pure DPS!

Elune

Quote:
I like having a defined class, I like having mounts, I like world PvP, etc.
The classes are all very well defined. It's their -roles- that aren't defined.

And while I like traveling fast as much as the next guy, I think the no-mounts rule is a good idea. Especially when you can fast-travel anywhere you want to go.

Quote:
I did not know that, but that's pretty awesome. Kinda happy they went with the no breasts myself. No need for overly sexualized cat people.
It wouldn't be overly sexualized.

Look at any female cat who's bred or is breeding. They have six breasts.

It's called 'realistic'.

Thought I was editing. Turns out I doubleposted. Whoops.

Quote:
This just makes me so hopeful that the last class to be revealed (a Scholar class), will be a priest/cleric more associated with being a healer. I'd love to make a class like that into pure DPS!
There aren't any healers. But, most people think it's going to be a mesmer-type class.

Last edited by Slywyn; 08-08-2011 at 01:00 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 01:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Is there a link where I can read up more on the classes?

Quote:
Then World of Warcraft must be incredibly depressing for you now. But there will be various pvp options for Guild Wars 2.
Well, I don't even play on a PvP realm anymore and I can't say I miss it. While I like world PvP, what we got in WoW post-Vanilla can hardly be called world PvP. I'm talking the good old Southshore vs Tarren Mill battles or the battles outside Blackrock Mountain. TBC kinda killed PvP for me.

However, the way the world seems to me so far, it doesn't look like you'd really have an incentive to kill people in the open world. In WoW, we've got two rival factions. It doesn't seem that way in GW2, but then again, I'm completely ignorant to most of the game.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
The classes are all very well defined. It's their -roles- that aren't defined.

And while I like traveling fast as much as the next guy, I think the no-mounts rule is a good idea. Especially when you can fast-travel anywhere you want to go.

It's called 'realistic'.

There aren't any healers. But, most people think it's going to be a mesmer-type class.
Well yea they have 6 breasts when lactating but the female charr you're playing is not likely lactating for a cub while slaying dragons.

And yea it's most likely the Mesmer considering we know it's a returning GW1 profession.

Quote:

Well, I don't even play on a PvP realm anymore and I can't say I miss it. While I like world PvP, what we got in WoW post-Vanilla can hardly be called world PvP. I'm talking the good old Southshore vs Tarren Mill battles or the battles outside Blackrock Mountain. TBC kinda killed PvP for me.

However, the way the world seems to me so far, it doesn't look like you'd really have an incentive to kill people in the open world. In WoW, we've got two rival factions. It doesn't seem that way in GW2, but then again, I'm completely ignorant to most of the game.
We don't really know as much about their PvP yet and they are unveiling it along with the char creation, Charr starting area and playable Asura and Sylvari next week.

Last edited by Leviathon; 08-08-2011 at 01:06 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 01:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:

It's called 'realistic'.

I noticed and was going to reply, but figured I'd wait for an edit =)

But you sort of pointed out what I was going to. If they were aiming for realistic, then no lactating breasts should be visible for playable female Charr, at any rate. Maybe some NPCs, if that. How such would be considered, 'sexualized,' could be up to debate, but I won't deny there are people out there who'd find it kinky. And that's not a bash at furries either.

Quote:
I understand any class could theoretically become a healer. I really want to make a human female elementalist to sort of continue the spirit of my Warcraft mage, and the idea that she can actually heal herself or allies is pretty intriguing; it's not in her personality to be a healer, but having the power available doesn't hurt.

What I was more getting at is a class like, WoW's priest class. You look at that class and, unless they're shadow, they're pretty much just healers. I like the look of a lot of their tier sets and all, but I was always kind of bummed that there wasn't a Light-based DPS spec, like a Holy-Mage or something.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
* Official GW2 Professions Page
* GW2 Wiki Professions Page

There are a few more pages out there, but this should be a nice start for now.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrise View Post
Wait. GW2 doesn't have a subscription fee?
They'll make money via a shop. The shop should not have game breaking items being sold, and I've read it will be like what they already have for GW1.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
They'll make money via a shop. The shop should not have game breaking items being sold, and I've read it will be like what they already have for GW1.
The game just sounds better and better every time I hear a bit more about it. Sick and tired of pay to play games, though I do like online stores for simple cosmetic stuff like, say, dies to change the color of gear or things like that.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
* Official GW2 Professions Page
* GW2 Wiki Professions Page

There are a few more pages out there, but this should be a nice start for now.
Norn Warrior inc
Old 08-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Norn Warrior inc
Which Totem? Bear? Raven? Wolf? Snow Leopard?
Old 08-08-2011, 01:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Which Totem? Bear? Raven? Wolf? Snow Leopard?
I just found out about the race 5 seconds ago, slow your roll there. I don't know.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I love Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 is such a drastic improvement in every level that it leaves me slobbering.

I'll make my main character a Charr Ranger, and my secondary, when I get around to it, will be a Sylvari Engineer, just because it's counter intuitive to have plant-people work with machines and gun placements.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
I love Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 is such a drastic improvement in every level that it leaves me slobbering.

I'll make my main character a Charr Ranger, and my secondary, when I get around to it, will be a Sylvari Engineer, just because it's counter intuitive to have plant-people work with machines and gun placements.
Sylvari Ranger and Charr Engineer is what I was gonna try. xD
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Sylvari Ranger and Charr Engineer is what I was gonna try. xD
Human Female Elementalist.
Norn Male Guardian. (Wolf Totem)
Sylvari Male Thief/Ranger.
Asura Male Necromancer/Unreleased Class.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Elune

I'm only likely to play one or two characters at the start.

I love Ranger(My only complaint is lack of singletarget DPS) so that's likely to be my first class.

Engineer's looking pretty damn awesome atm though.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I bought GW1 + Nightfall + Factions because that's what people at my new school played at the time. 2 weeks later they joined me on wow instead and, while I was happy to have converted them to wow players, I felt sad for never having gotten to enjoy Guildwars... Now with Guildwars 2 the other factors that stopped me from playing the first game (like the instanced world or the fact that there was only one playable race) are gone so I'll say: Hell, it's about time! and finally get to enjoy guildwars

I guess I'll play a female Norn Ranger because I love Vikings, Hunters and Females
Btw I love the music
Old 08-08-2011, 04:42 PM

Guru of Gilneas

I will want to try all the starting areas, though a human guardian will likely be my main.

Tags
eye of kilrog, greatest game ever, horribly grindy leveling, mmo