Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Pick a faction for each prospective race.
Alliance Arrakkoa 29 46.77%
Horde Arrakkoa 19 30.65%
Alliance Ethereals 36 58.06%
Horde Ethereals 21 33.87%
Alliance Naga 19 30.65%
Horde Naga 32 51.61%
Alliance Drakonid 29 46.77%
Horde Drakonid 22 35.48%
Alliance Centaur 17 27.42%
Horde Centaur 14 22.58%
Alliance Furbolg 36 58.06%
Horde Furbolg 4 6.45%
Alliance Satyr 13 20.97%
Horde Satyr 27 43.55%
Alliance Ogres 9 14.52%
Horde Ogres 47 75.81%
Alliance Undead Nerubians 12 19.35%
Horde Undead Nerubians 29 46.77%
Alliance Vrykul 29 46.77%
Horde Vrykul 18 29.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2013, 03:35 AM

Elune

Orb of Lightning New Races, Where Do You Want Them To Go? [Poll]

Read before voting.

Bit different from your usual "which new races would you like" poll.

Here I took the races that usually get touted as likely to be added and I am giving you the chance to say to which faction you'd like them to go to, go with what you like over what you think will happen.

It is a multiple choice poll so pick a faction for each race once. Please vote for all races and you can emulate neutral race option by picking both factions.

EDIT: The poll is in, sadly I couldn't fit in Children of Cenarius and Non-Darkspear trolls. So feel free to discuss those too, and any race you think I might have left out.

Last edited by C9H20; 08-20-2013 at 03:44 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 AM

Sha of Disappointment

You neglected to include Alliance Tauren. Dat 60's pvp plate set...

edit: i voted for Alliance Bird-things, Horde Naga (did i overlook the neutral version for them? I'd prefer every new race to be available to both factions; in fact i'd say there's enough Lore-justification to get some of the older ones neutral as well) and Horde Ogers. Reason being that the Arrakoa never struck me as evil as a whole, if i have to choose the Naga fit more into the Horde visually and culturally (and i'd hate to factionchange for one) and i really don't see Ogers working for the Alliance except as neutral NPC faction Ogrilla-style.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-20-2013 at 03:51 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
The poll is in, sadly I couldn't fit in Children of Cenarius and Non-Darkspear trolls. So feel free to discuss those too, and any race you think I might have left out.
Children of Cenarius - Alliance (Their cousins should be Horde, if you ask me. Of course, you could also look at the poll to see me say that. )
Non-Darkspear trolls - Either faction, but leaning more towards Alliance, since they have no trolls.

I voted for both sides on some race because I wouldn't mind seeing them on either side or, even better, being neutral.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:55 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Non-Darkspear trolls - Either faction, but leaning more towards Alliance, since they have no trolls.
Several years of Faction War have tought me that there is plenty Alliance Trolling out there.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:00 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I feel like living Nerubians are more likely to be playable than the undead variety.

Should we vote for a race even if we don't want them playable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 08-20-2013, 04:01 AM

Demon Hunter

Children of Cenarius - Alliance. Aside from having a good track record with the night elves aready, you see a number of them fighting alongside the night elves in current times. Like at Raynewood, if you want an extreme example.

Non-Darkspear Trolls - Horde. The Revantusk and ''Jellyneck'' tribe already belong to the Horde. The other groups should be interested in allying with the Darkspear after having lost all other options.

Furbolg - Alliance. Although I wouldn't want the night elves adopting another pet race, they do have a good track record. In current times you also have the Stillpine allied with the Draenei, the Blackwood saved by the PC, and the Foulwead rising up at Silverwind Refuge against the Horde.

Ogres - Horde. Bunch of them there anyway.
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. ‘While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them’.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Ethereals and ogres are the only non-anthropomorphic animals on the list, barring Valkyr which are "dark" angels.

So, if I had to pick, it would be those two.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I could totally see the undead Nerubians working with the living ones now that the Lich King's will is broken. This is basically a wish-list-thread that doesn't need to be realistic, so why not both? One skin for living, one for undead.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I feel like living Nerubians are more likely to be playable than the undead variety.

Should we vote for a race even if we don't want them playable?
I feel we lack variety, having an undead race helps with that.

And yes, vote for all races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Ethereals and ogres are the only non-anthropomorphic animals on the list, barring Valkyr which are "dark" angels.

So, if I had to pick, it would be those two.
That is not really true, centaurs and satyr are folklore creatures which are more then mere anthro horses and goats. And the naga can't really be associated with any real animal.

Also vrykul not valkyr.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Also vrykul not valkyr.
Both would be great, though.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:12 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
I feel we lack variety, having an undead race helps with that.
We already have undead of all races via Dübelritter.

Quote:
And the naga can't really be associated with any real animal.
Snakes. Seriously. They're snakes.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:13 AM

The Digger

Voted for neutral ethereals, for obvious reasons.

Horde ogres, and Alliance arrakoa - under the logic that the birds are probably more than a bit resentful of the orcs for blowing up their planet.

Alliance vrykul - under the thinking that the humans earned some measure of respect after defeating the vrykul, and allying with them is much more likely than outright subjugating themselves to a Warchief. It could also make for some interesting tension in the faction. Horde nerubians - I think that a faction of genuinely free-willed undead could have an interesting interplay with the Forsaken.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
That is not really true, centaurs and satyr are folklore creatures which are more then mere anthro horses and goats.
Doesn't change that they are half horse/ horse-like creature. Also, good luck armoring them from the waist down. Or getting them on a mount that people are so easy to obsess over.

Quote:
And the naga can't really be associated with any real animal.
Snakes? Yeah, pretty sure they are snakes, water snakes yes, but snakes.

Sorry about they Vrykul, but even still, new human models... hooray.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 AM

The sneaky Mechanic

Arakkoa: Alliance, they have druidic ties and their proximity to Shattrath means they likely had more interaction with Draenei than Orcs and what interaction they did have was likely after the formation of the Horde, so not exactly the best first impression.

Ethereals: Alliance, I voted Horde because I'd get to play them and not have to worry about not having access to my main's resources but I see them fitting better with the Alliance, especially considering the shift in Dalaran towards 'still technically neutral but pro-Alliance'. That and the Horde already has a trader race in the form of the Goblins albeit for gold, not magic.

Naga: Alliance, gets some tension between the Night Elves and them and I mean technically the Highborne were already admitted into Darnassus, what are the Naga if not Highborne.

Drakkonoid: Alliance, ancient ties to the Night Elves and the Titanic races. And the Horde has already has a few 'big guys'.

Centaur: Horde, so much potential for the Tauren to get involved here and it's not like the Horde can get too high and mighty about violent, marauding outcasts looking for a home.

Furbolg: Alliance, ties to the Night Elves and the Horde is good on big, meaty folks. Can't see them happening with the Pandaren already in though.

Satyr: Don't know, depends really on if the new Warchief is going to crack down on Fel and other corruptive magics.

Ogres: Horde just fits too well and the Stonemaul are already in just that they almost never get represented. That and it feats neatly with my headcanon that Orcs evolved from Ogres as well as bring Rexxar back.

Nerubians: Horde, potential ties with the Forsaken and having an anti-Titan race doesn't fit with the Alliance theme, whereas the Horde is all non-Titan affiliated races anyhow barring the Forsaken.

Vrykul: Horde, I normally vote in favour of in-faction tension but I could see the Vrykul attempting purge their 'weak children' and depending on how Blizz is feeling about the faction war this could spark either a "Hell yeah" or "We've tried that already a few times, didn't work out so well" from the Orcs. There's also the 'big race' argument I've used a few times but there's such an interesting comparison to be made between the Orc and Vrykul warrior societies and clan structure that'd be missed if they went to the Alliance imo.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Arakkoa: Neutral or Hostile

Ethereals: Neutral or Hostile

Naga: Horde or Hostile

Drakkonoid: Neutral or Hostile

Centaur: Hostile or Neutral

Furbolg: Alliance or Neutral

Satyr: Hostile 100%

Ogres: Horde 100%

Undead Nerubians: Hostile 100%

Living Nerubian: Neutral 100%

Vrykul: Alliance if I'd have to chose but I'd prefer them to remain as a strong neutral/hostile force.

High elves: Alliance 100%

Children of Cenarius: Neutral 100%

Other Trolls: Horde or Hostile

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 AM

I'd love seeing a horde centaur's reaction to the centaur rugs the horde uses.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Sorry about they Vrykul
No problem.

Anyway my opinions:

Alliance Centaur have potential since they give that physically impossing savage that the Alliance is lacking, also NEs could get development as they seek to aid the centaur on account of them being descendants of Cenarius.
Tension with the tauren would pop up, it is interesting because on the one hand the Horde has been doing all it can to wipe out the centaur but the centaur have been doing the same to the tauren much longer.

Horde Satyr because it puts the NEs rights to Ashenvale into question. Added in the same expansion as the Alliance centaur it contrasts the NEs healing Cenarius' children while their own wayward brethren betray them gravely again.

Alliance Ogres are again a "unexpected flip" situation I am so fond of, just to shake things up.

Horde Nerubians, the Forsaken could use company and something to stir up their pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Both would be great, though.
Valkyr would get free flying from level one, Horde bias!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:49 AM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post
Vrykul: Horde, I normally vote in favour of in-faction tension but I could see the Vrykul attempting purge their 'weak children' and depending on how Blizz is feeling about the faction war this could spark either a "Hell yeah" or "We've tried that already a few times, didn't work out so well" from the Orcs. There's also the 'big race' argument I've used a few times but there's such an interesting comparison to be made between the Orc and Vrykul warrior societies and clan structure that'd be missed if they went to the Alliance imo.
That's an interesting perspective. Having a dynamic where the orcs are the voice of reason never occurred to me, but now that you mention it such an interaction could ably serve to show the orcs learning their lesson and some actual character development. Cool idea.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 AM

Arch-Druid

I'd like to see sub-races implemented first. Give us all those wildhammer and dark irons, high elves, mag'har, forest trolls and so on. That would make the factions feel complete.

Then they could add new races later. I'd like to see:

- Horde: Ogres, Vrykul (while they spawned the humans, their society feels a lot more Horde-like), Satyrs or Naga

- Alliance: Ethereals, Drakonid or Arakkoa

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 08-20-2013 at 05:10 AM..

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

No new races, fix and shake up the current ones that are all over the place.

We don't need more, we need to sort out what we have!

Echo of the Past

Ogres and Nerubians, neutral like pandas.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:11 AM

Elune

Give Alliance ogres so they can stop complaining about high elves.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:13 AM

Eternal Watcher

The Ogres belong to the Horde, now and ever.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaskaleh View Post
the high elves belong to the horde, now and ever.
ftfy
Old 08-20-2013, 05:32 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
ftfy
go away blood elf, hide behind your walls, hide behind your precious sunwell.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
factions, playable arakkoa when, poll, races, survey, warcraft, world of warcraft