Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

EU story forum is a troll pit.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Killing all the Orcs would make the game boring.
You're implying the game isn't boring as-is.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:52 PM

Echo of the Past

Boring. Empty.

Someone tell me about a magical moment the first time you played Burning Crusade.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:49 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Boring. Empty.

Someone tell me about a magical moment the first time you played Burning Crusade.
The most magical moment I had in first time playing Burning Crusade was when I ganked my first blood elf, spat on the corpse and teabagged it over and over again.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-17-2015, 04:03 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
The most magical moment I had in first time playing Burning Crusade was when I ganked my first blood elf, spat on the corpse and teabagged it over and over again.
Dwarf?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:15 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Boring. Empty.

I was a paladin, and I could pull from afar!

(Take that, Dar'khan! I stole your mana.)
Old 05-17-2015, 05:44 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Dwarf?
Draenei. I still can't teabag blood elf corpses as a high elf. My soul is made of sadness and sorrow.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-17-2015, 06:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Boring. Empty.

Just wandering around Quel'thalas for the sheer beauty of it.

Fighting Dimensius alongside the ethereal forces.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:38 AM

Elune

Entering Outland.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:39 AM

Elune

Seeing all of the Outland stuff that was referenced in Beyond the Dark Portal.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Hellfire....always.Hellfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Mine was summoning some jackass who demanded a summon to kara down to the bottom of the upside down sinners room and forcing him to spirit rez.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:17 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I must say getting through the Dark Portal for the first time and seeing theses demons fighting right in my face was one of the most amazing moments I had in the game.

And that's one thing the game always does right: the opening. Going through the Dark Portal, sailing to the Howling Fjord as Alliance, Ozumat sinking our ship in Vashj'ir, destroying Garrosh'ar Point and destroying the Dark Portal. Theses are all pretty strong starts for the expansion.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Boring. Empty.

I was playing a Dwarf Hunter and I ran all the way to the Outland side of the Dark Portal. The highest I ever got with him was level 28.

Are there any tribes of Tauren not in the Horde that aren't Grimtotem?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:15 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
I was playing a Dwarf Hunter and I ran all the way to the Outland side of the Dark Portal. The highest I ever got with him was level 28.
More recently I've been to the Portal. I just can't cross through.

(Running at Level 20 and Level 28 probably gets you killed an equal amount of times.)
Old 05-17-2015, 09:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
More recently I've been to the Portal. I just can't cross through.

(Running at Level 20 and Level 28 probably gets you killed an equal amount of times.)
I ran from Shattrath. I was portal'd there and didn't want to waste it. Shattrath was amazing the first time I saw it. The same goes for the Dark Portal looming in the distance as I ran wearily through Hellfire.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:06 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Boring. Empty.

Like everyone else, crossing through the Dark Portal for the first time. I really enjoyed leveling through Azeroth, but the entire time I was looking forward to Outland. Riding my mount from Darkshire to the Dark Portal was probably one of the most exciting things I'd done at that point due to all my anticipation of Outland. Crossing over and seeing that giant battle with the Legion, followed by the flight to Honor Hold over the devastated Hellfire Peninsula was everything I had thought it would be.

Another memorable part was when I first got to Shadowmoon Valley and started questing there. Most people seem to prefer Netherstorm, but for me it was Shadowmoon all the way. The music, ambiance, and the idea of that fel-corrupted nightmare of a landscape got me in all the right places.

I miss Burning Crusade
Old 05-17-2015, 10:20 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Nagrand was breathtaking. But as far as what stuck with me about BC, it was the blood elf leveling experience, which became the best low-level zones at the time. Sure Outland was the land of mystery that allowed us to see the homeworld orcs for the first time - fuck off draenei and your retcons! - but the blood elf content showed us Quel'thalas and Zul'aman. And through this, we got Lament of the Highborne, which was an absolute gem of story content.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:31 PM

Eternal

Sethekk halls was the shit.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:12 AM

Elune

Cipher of Damnation. Oronok Torn-heart and sons. Nagrand. Thrall meeting Geyah and Garrosh.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:53 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Cipher of Damnation. Oronok Torn-heart and sons. Nagrand. Thrall meeting Geyah and Garrosh.
Oronok and his sons were so much more like what the Earthen Ring should've been in Cata.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-18-2015, 06:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Nagrand was breathtaking. But as far as what stuck with me about BC, it was the blood elf leveling experience, which became the best low-level zones at the time. Sure Outland was the land of mystery that allowed us to see the homeworld orcs for the first time - fuck off draenei and your retcons! - but the blood elf content showed us Quel'thalas and Zul'aman. And through this, we got Lament of the Highborne, which was an absolute gem of story content.
Blood Elves before the community thought of them as silly rainbow loving Elves.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:30 AM

Elune

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Oronok and his sons were so much more like what the Earthen Ring should've been in Cata.
There's that. The Earthen Ring would've definitely been a lot cooler with non-Shaman agents that go around fucking up their enemies on behalf of elder shaman and stuff.

The thing I liked most about Oronok and the brothers Torn-heart was the different personalities involved. They all had their own little stories, it felt like. They were family but they were their own people. Something that Blizzard seems to have forgotten how to write. Nowadays most orcs are just a younger version of their fathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oronok Torn-heart
My first born, Grom'tor, left to search Coilskar Point - directly southwest of here.

He's the warrior in the family - ill-tempered and blood-thirsty... Traits he inherited from his mother. Search along the outskirts of Coilskar Point. If you see naga corpses, Grom'tor is sure to be close.

When you find him, tell him this: "We spill blood for just cause." It will let him know that you are a friend to Torn-heart and prevent your premature death.
Quote:
My youngest son, Ar'tor, left to search Illidari Point - far to the southwest, nestled between Legion Hold and Wildhammer Stronghold.

While Ar'tor is a hunter of remarkable skill and an expert tracker, I fear that he may be in over his head this time. Illidari Point is the proving grounds for Illidan's demons. These are demons that left the Burning Legion to join the Betrayer!

Travel to Illidari Point and find Ar'tor, <name>.
Quote:
While Ar'tor was off hunting and Grom'tor was off fighting, Borak studied. Eventually he took up a vocation as a scholar and left for the wilds of Draenor. He returned home a few years ago a changed orc.

His heightened sense of awareness and mental acuity had forged a silent assassin.

Now a confident and powerful orc, he has taken to recovering the most guarded piece of the cipher.

Find Borak hiding near Eclipse Point, far to the south. He watches from the shadows of the bridge.
Really disappointed we never saw more of Oronok, Borak, or Grom'tor. Or Jorin, for that matter. (I mean, Kilrath made an appearance in Northrend, ffs. Why not any of the others? Blizzard has perfectly good orc characters like Oronok, Borak, Grom'tor, Jorin, Gorgonna, etc. sitting on the backburner and they do nothing with them.)
Old 05-18-2015, 06:34 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I agree, and would even go as far as to say that I think the Quel'thalas/Ghostlands starting experience is the best in-game to date. Most of the Horde characters I've ever levelled have been travelling to the Ghostlands to get phat loots and fast-paced quests from level 10 to 20. Even today with heirlooms and guild perks I take new characters to the Ghostlands just out of routine.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:38 AM

Elune

I never liked the Ghostlands. I tend to like dark forest zones like Silverpine, Ashenvale, etc. but Ghostlands was just.... eugh. Doesn't look good to my eyes. The combination of Scourge, troll, and night elf just didn't jive well with me, either.

Eversong was alright but I felt like the zone had you walking around from one edge of the map to the other and then back again too many times. Durotar, Mulgore, and Tirisfal Glades remain my favorites.

Tags
factions, world of warcraft