Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-19-2021, 07:44 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon Shadowlands: Chains of Domination

The traitorous Sire Denathrius has been defeated . . . but the power of the Maw still grows. In Chains of Domination™, the upcoming first major content update for World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands, players will delve into new depths of the Jailer’s hopeless domain, seeking to understand the true nature of his malignant plans. Backed by the renewed might of the four Covenants, the champions of the Horde and the Alliance will take the fight for the Shadowlands to the seat of the Jailer’s power. But the Banished One has a terrible new champion in his service—a cruel instrument of despair conscripted by Sylvanas Windrunner, capable of instilling dread into the hearts of Azeroth’s heroes like no creature of the Shadowlands.
  • Discover the Mysteries of Korthia - The Jailer is searching for the key to fulfill his twisted designs—and he has pulled a fragment of a long-lost domain into the Maw itself to find it. Seek answers in ancient Korthia, the City of Secrets, and engage in new quests and outdoor activities.
  • The Covenants Strike Back - With the strength of the kyrian, night fae, necrolords, and venthyr restored, embark on a campaign to unite the four covenants—and together, launch an assault against the Jailer in his home territory.
  • Raid the Sanctum of Domination - Brave treacherous, unexplored reaches of Torghast in a new 10-boss raid: the Sanctum of Domination. Encounter the true Eye of the Jailer, turn the tide against the Tarragrue, and come face-to-face with the Banshee Queen herself in a fateful confrontation.
  • New Mega-dungeon - Tazavesh, the Veiled Market—Gather your party and discover exotic wares and strange creatures in an eight-boss Mythic mega-dungeon set in a bazaar of the mysterious Brokers, and culminating in a high-stakes heist to steal powerful artifacts from Azeroth.
  • And More - Gear up for Shadowlands Raid, Dungeon, and PvP Season 2, with a seasonal Mythic Keystone dungeon affix themed around the Jailer’s power; don new Covenant cosmetic armor sets that any class can wear; expand the powers of your Soulbinds and Conduits; add new mounts and pets to your menagerie; Unlock flying in the Covenants’ four domains; and much more.

Welcome to the (premature) official patch 9.1 thread!
Old 02-19-2021, 09:46 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

They did my boy Anduin dirty.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:16 PM

Loremaster

It's kind of confusing. How is Anduin even out of the Maw? The standard thus far is that to get out he'd need a player (or, being a Maw Walker as well, possibly Sylvanas) to take him out at the Waystone, which means he'd have to go through Oribos to then reach Bastion, by way of arriving there accompanied by either us or Sylvanas complete with her Mawsworn Red Flag armor and dark energies. So of those two choices, "us" seems most likely.

So do we save him, unaware that he's corrupted, and in so doing unwittingly unleash the Jailer's new minion on the other realms? Sounds like something that'd happen partyway into 9.1. Not between it and 9.0. So...did Blizzard just outright spoil an in-game plot twist for the sake of a (frankly kind of 'meh') trailer?

Or did they really do something as silly as take a major story development like this that belongs in the game at a pivotal point in the narrative and create it just to plop it into a commercial for the next patch?

Last edited by ARM3481; 02-19-2021 at 10:46 PM..
Old 02-20-2021, 08:43 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Kinda annoying that players in the Kyrian covenant are going to unlock the title Hand of the Archon in a few weeks, knowing that by the time 9.1 hits it will become completely meaningless.

I preferred the Count/Countess and Baron/Baroness titles over the ones you can earn from the Kyrian and Night Fae covenants from the get go since their genericness makes them far more useful and multi-purpose. As an RPer, a noble title can always be dusted off and be of use.

The use of Hand of the Archon is far more limited. And once she bites the dust, who's gonna want to use it? What's the point of calling yourself the hand of an entity that died like a scrub?
Old 02-26-2021, 01:41 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Kinda annoying that players in the Kyrian covenant are going to unlock the title Hand of the Archon in a few weeks, knowing that by the time 9.1 hits it will become completely meaningless.

I preferred the Count/Countess and Baron/Baroness titles over the ones you can earn from the Kyrian and Night Fae covenants from the get go since their genericness makes them far more useful and multi-purpose. As an RPer, a noble title can always be dusted off and be of use.

The use of Hand of the Archon is far more limited. And once she bites the dust, who's gonna want to use it? What's the point of calling yourself the hand of an entity that died like a scrub?
I read somewhere that she doesn't actually die.

No source, can't confirm... but... if that's the case?

Not sure it matters... ARM raises a good point... is this a major plot hole?
Old 02-28-2021, 08:24 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
If i had to guess, they had to show something, ANYTHING for Blizzconline... and they only had that video and concept art, so ... better than nothing?

I honestly dont expect 9.1 until late summer at least.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
I read somewhere that she doesn't actually die.

No source, can't confirm... but... if that's the case?

They confirmed that she wouldn't die in an interview.

Apparently the fact that she still hasn't died by the time the cinematic ends and is moving her hands means that she also won't succumb to her wounds.