Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #18126  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

I laughed hard at the "Forsaken Masturbatory Session"
__________________
  #18127  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Garotar Garotar is offline

Site Staff - News
Garotar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,772
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
I laughed hard at the "Forsaken Masturbatory Session"
Given how much he goes on about them, you'd think they were his favourite race.
__________________
I used to take Warcraft lore seriously, then the lore took a Rule of Cool to the knee.
  #18128  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
Given how much he goes on about them, you'd think they were his favourite race.
It is very hard to argue this point .
  #18129  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,994

Default

Isn't Fojar a forsaken rogue?
  #18130  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Looks to me like he's a Human Death Knight.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
  #18131  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Looks to me like he's a Human Death Knight.
Undead player
Hates Forsaken
  #18132  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Crazyterran Crazyterran is offline

Eternal
Crazyterran's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,842
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Default

Looks to me as if there are an army of Fojars.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f...&dir=d&q=Fojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Undead player
Hates Forsaken

Well, isn't his main a Blood Elf Paladin?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
  #18133  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,994

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Looks to me like he's a Human Death Knight.
I was hoping someone wouldn't look for other Fojars too soon.
At least Jungle was fooled the last time.
Why did you have to destroy my plot to get minuscule enjoyment so soon, Fojar?

Last edited by Nazja; 10-13-2012 at 05:19 PM..
  #18134  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Undead player
Hates Forsaken
Like, uh, what's his name...Thaurissan? No...you know, the Alliance token DK champion. He loses....fuck...what's the town? Western Plaguelands, that town. He loses the battle because he's got a bromance with his Horde counterpart.

Look, shut up. My point is that it's perfectly reasonable for an undead person to hate a bunch of other undead people who make it their business to go around antagonizing everyone else on the map while raising more people back to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Being defensive would imply having been attacked or offended. As there's no debate as to whether or not someone has an inherent right to the city that shall not be named, or not, I don't see why he's being butthurt.

Unless it's by sheer reflex.
It seems like Fojar's constantly under attack. I wouldn't be surprised if it was reflex, nor would I judge him for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
  #18135  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Fojar has earned all the shit he gets and more
  #18136  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Undead Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Undead player
Hates Forsaken
Is part of the undead, not friendly to the Forsaken.

Its not such an outrageous concept.
  #18137  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Crazyterran Crazyterran is offline

Eternal
Crazyterran's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,842
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Default

Lilian Voss is an undead that is trying to kill anyone who raises the dead, or is undead.

She's starting with the Scourge, it seems.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
  #18138  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Lilian Voss is an undead that is trying to kill anyone who raises the dead, or is undead.
Unless they're part of the Forsaken, this despite the Forsaken being the ones who actually wronged her.

Because Kosak.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
  #18139  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Unless they're part of the Forsaken, this despite the Forsaken being the ones who actually wronged her.

Because Kosak.
How does that make you feel?
  #18140  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Lilian Voss is to the Forsaken as Tirion Fordring is to the Alliance: a neutralization of their respective faction's themes.

Though at least Lillian doesn't last long.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
  #18141  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Lilian Voss is to the Forsaken as Tirion Fordring is to the Alliance: a neutralization of their respective faction's themes.

Though at least Lillian doesn't last long.
Lillian did this in Scarlet Monastary.

She riffed off Alliance themes in Scholomance.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
  #18142  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Lillian did this in Scarlet Monastary.

She riffed off Alliance themes in Scholomance.
Two in one! Argh!

In other news, either the Anglers Tabard is the white and gold Theramore Tabard from the Fall of Theramore... or it's just using it as a placeholder.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
  #18143  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:49 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Whatever your opinions are in the similitudes/differences between the Forsaken and the Scourge are, you must admit that the Forsaken hated the Scourge because that much is a fact.
  #18144  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Two in one! Argh!

In other news, either the Anglers Tabard is the white and gold Theramore Tabard from the Fall of Theramore... or it's just using it as a placeholder.
Psh, ya think that's bad? My T14 chest and legs are still using the T13 model.
  #18145  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Whatever your opinions are in the similitudes/differences between the Forsaken and the Scourge are, you must admit that the Forsaken hated the Scourge because that much is a fact.
I think they'd occasionally give it lipservice but never acted on it. So it was never really a "theme" of theirs.

In the case of Voss her role in Scholomance was just painful because she's saying stuff like "I'll never stop hunting necromancers!" and "I won't let you curse anyone else with this hell again!" despite the fact that it was the Forsaken that did this to her, not the Scourge.

I don't get why they're shoving her down Alliance players throats all things considered. Her role could've been just as easily fulfilled by a Human Rogue for Alliance groups.

Of course, Kosak is a pretty likely answer.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Last edited by Fojar; 10-13-2012 at 07:01 PM..
  #18146  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:04 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Like I said, don't give a fuck about your opinion. It is a fact

She had to disguise to enter the Crusade and she got mind controlled by the Scourge remains (and until further notice, she died). What makes you think that she could have gone against the Forsaken?
  #18147  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
How does that make you feel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
don't give a fuck about your opinion.
Lawl

Quote:
She had to disguise to enter the Crusade and she got mind controlled by the Scourge remains (and until further notice, she died). What makes you think that she could have gone against the Forsaken?
Because the Forsaken are all way weaker than Gandling?
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
  #18148  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I don't get why they're shoving her down Alliance players throats all things considered. Her role could've been just as easily fulfilled by a Human Rogue for Alliance groups.
Well, to be honest, the Alliance has little to no reason to actually go to the Scarlet Monastery, considering the Scarlets by that point are only the Forsaken's problem.

Scholomance, I dunno.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
  #18149  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:10 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Sarcasm detector failure. Such a pity

And excuse me if I believe that the kingdom of dead with two war fronts, various cities and more or less worldwide prescence is stronger than the two holed up institutions.
  #18150  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Sarcasm detector failure. Such a pity

And excuse me if I believe that the kingdom of dead with two war fronts, various cities and more or less worldwide prescence is stronger than the two holed up institutions.
Just because something is impossible, doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried, whether it's attempting to cure the state of undeath, to redeem the Forsaken, to stomp the Horde into the ground*, to fight against those that killed and raised you...

Otherwise, it just comes off as a plot hole, or at the very least a silly story element that should have never gotten in in the first place. Especially since there are other "impossibilities" that occur in the universe (beating off the Legion the first time, killing Deathwing, etc) without much fretting on the part of the characters.

* The Horde, at least, is attempting to stomp the Alliance.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.