Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

The argument shouldn't be that female Kul Tirans are fat or ugly, or that other types of athletic women have thinner or more outwardly muscular body types.

What's clear is that the Kul Tiran male is designed around a specific type of figure, the muscle and fat "strongman," and its been demonstrated that the female equivalent to that body type is the one they've given to Kul Tiran females.

Thus issues with Kul Tiran females should be that they should not be "strongmen" like the males and use an entirely different physique, rather than saying they don't look strong or are too fat, etc. I don't think that's a good idea, saying the females can't be strongmen, but I've seen just as many people complain the males are ugly so perhaps the entire idea of the Kul Tirans being bulky "strongment" is a bad idea?
Old 03-24-2018, 04:48 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

All I am saying is that kultiran women are more american than "Thicc".
Old 03-24-2018, 05:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

You people have issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:41 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The argument shouldn't be that female Kul Tirans are fat or ugly, or that other types of athletic women have thinner or more outwardly muscular body types.

What's clear is that the Kul Tiran male is designed around a specific type of figure, the muscle and fat "strongman," and its been demonstrated that the female equivalent to that body type is the one they've given to Kul Tiran females.

Thus issues with Kul Tiran females should be that they should not be "strongmen" like the males and use an entirely different physique, rather than saying they don't look strong or are too fat, etc. I don't think that's a good idea, saying the females can't be strongmen, but I've seen just as many people complain the males are ugly so perhaps the entire idea of the Kul Tirans being bulky "strongment" is a bad idea?
I feel like they will eventually cave and make the males' potbellies smaller, and i don't see the female surviving Beta. Sooner or later she'll turn into something more aking to Sonya from HotS or Zarya from Overwatch. Which i'd enjoy; the current model looks so early in development it could go either way.

But honestly, fat-hate or no fat-hate, given the ideas (whaling, strong, rounder than usual) behind their design... they should've just made them Vrykuls. They're strong, they can be made bulky, they got the ship-thing going on, they hunt stunt and, frankly, there's no REAL reason why they couldn't give them an overweight option if they want to. Horde seems to get a cyropractitian, something nice for the Alliance in exchange would be... well, nice.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:12 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
All I am saying is that kultiran women are more american than "Thicc".

Last edited by Rexxar; 03-24-2018 at 06:14 PM..
Old 03-24-2018, 07:07 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
please dont post 12 year old girls.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:08 PM

The Knight-Lord

All I can say on the Kul Tiran Human thing is this: Blizz, give me a solid lore reason as to why many of them are so abnormal when compared to their other racial kin.

The Kul Tirans find their origins in Gilneas. We’ve never seen Gilneans who look like the radically massive, fat, or scrawny Kul Tirans that we’re seeing now; so the genetic variance must have occurred after the first Kul Tirans left Gilneas. So what allowed for such difference? Is there something on Kul Tiras, or in the seas surrounding Kul Tiras, that can account for the oddness? Maybe a Titan relic of some kind was salvage from the sea by some Kul Tiran sailors that, when activated, effected a part of the population, partially reverting their DNA back towards the Vrykul direction somewhat? Maybe it’s to do with the Sea Priests tampering with the population in secret over time? Or maybe another group tampered with the population at some point, trying to copy what some of the Trolls do and create hulk-like weapons of war? I don’t know; but I do know that I don’t like the idea of CDev just saying “oh yeah, so Kul Tirans are just bigger people” when we’ve seen no examples of such radical change occurring in Humans anywhere else the race has settled. Skin colour variance in Stranglethorn is about as radical a genetic difference as we’ve seen.

What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)

Last edited by Darkphoenix; 03-24-2018 at 11:16 PM..
Old 03-24-2018, 11:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
All I can say on the Kul Tiran Human thing is this: give me a solid lore reason as to why they are so abnormal when compared to their other racial kin.

The Kul Tirans find their origins in Gilneas. We’ve never seen Gilneans who look like the massive, fat, or scrawny Kul Tirans that we’re seeing now; so the genetic variance must have occurred after the first Kul Tirans left Gilneas. So, what allowed for such difference? Is there something on Kul Tiras, or in the seas surrounding Kul Tiras, that can account for the oddness? Maybe a Titan relic of some kind was salvage from the sea by some Kul Tiran sailors that, when activated, effected a part of the population, partially reverting their DNA back towards the Vrykul direction somewhat? I don’t know; but I don’t like the idea of CDev just saying “oh yeah, so Kul Tirans are just bigger people” when we’ve seen no examples of such radical change occurring in Humans anywhere else the race has settled. Skin colour variance in Stranglethorn is about as radical a genetic difference as we’ve seen.

What happened?
Ehhh in fairness, the Worgen comic did show Gilneans with various different body shapes. Halford Ramsey could be argued as being a thin human who simply looked healthier. There was one part where he interrogated a fat human and his 'Watson' expy was also a fat human. There were some that fought Forsaken when they landed on the shore as well.

Granted they were 'fat' and not the massive behemoth tanks that are Kul Tiran humans but they looked pretty close to them in the comic.

EDIT: Picture example of one fat Gilnean.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 03-25-2018 at 01:05 AM..
Old 03-25-2018, 06:18 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

For me, strongmen/woman is okay, but morbid fat kultirans is DEFINITELY NOT. As some others here, i went from 296 pounds to 224 (still going down), fat-shaming wasnt nice, but pretending to be happy with 296 pounds, knee pain i was sure was from work and not from overweight (it turned out it was lack of cardio, now i dont have any), and similar things is not cool either. Fat people in fantasy never felt like empowerment, but more like pity.

Now, to the topic. How true is it that there is broadcast text with red dragons warning DKs about what we did in Legion?
Old 03-25-2018, 06:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
For me, strongmen/woman is okay, but morbid fat kultirans is DEFINITELY NOT. As some others here, i went from 296 pounds to 224 (still going down), fat-shaming wasnt nice, but pretending to be happy with 296 pounds, knee pain i was sure was from work and not from overweight (it turned out it was lack of cardio, now i dont have any), and similar things is not cool either. Fat people in fantasy never felt like empowerment, but more like pity.

Now, to the topic. How true is it that there is broadcast text with red dragons warning DKs about what we did in Legion?
Very true.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
All I can say on the Kul Tiran Human thing is this: Blizz, give me a solid lore reason as to why many of them are so abnormal when compared to their other racial kin.

The Kul Tirans find their origins in Gilneas. We’ve never seen Gilneans who look like the radically massive, fat, or scrawny Kul Tirans that we’re seeing now; so the genetic variance must have occurred after the first Kul Tirans left Gilneas. So what allowed for such difference? Is there something on Kul Tiras, or in the seas surrounding Kul Tiras, that can account for the oddness? Maybe a Titan relic of some kind was salvage from the sea by some Kul Tiran sailors that, when activated, effected a part of the population, partially reverting their DNA back towards the Vrykul direction somewhat? Maybe it’s to do with the Sea Priests tampering with the population in secret over time? Or maybe another group tampered with the population at some point, trying to copy what some of the Trolls do and create hulk-like weapons of war? I don’t know; but I do know that I don’t like the idea of CDev just saying “oh yeah, so Kul Tirans are just bigger people” when we’ve seen no examples of such radical change occurring in Humans anywhere else the race has settled. Skin colour variance in Stranglethorn is about as radical a genetic difference as we’ve seen.

What happened?
Drust parentage.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:39 PM

The Knight-Lord

Who are the Drust?

Quote:
Old 03-25-2018, 06:09 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Who are the Drust?
The original, now-extinct inhabitants of Kul Tiras before the humans arrived there. It's not entirely clear at this point what the Drust are supposed to actually have been, though.

Visions of them on Alpha utilize scaled-up human and scaled-down vrykul models wearing masks that conceal their features, so it's not certain yet if they're supposed to be human, vrykul, something in-between, or something that's neither but looks a lot like them.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:19 PM

Arch-Druid

This is a drust concept art:

They have a page on WoWpedia as well.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-25-2018, 08:01 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

There's also Gorak Tul, the Drust king. He has a unique model (it uses vrykul animations) so he's probably our best bet at what drust looked like (though given he's got rotted skin and branches growing out of his head and arm it's hard to say how close he is in apperance to a regular living drust).
Old 03-25-2018, 08:54 PM

Banished

I consider MOBAs and deicide the proof that brazilians shouldn't have internet access
Old 03-25-2018, 09:33 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I consider MOBAs and deicide the proof that brazilians shouldn't have internet access
Delet this
Old 03-26-2018, 02:13 AM

The Knight-Lord

Interesting... So the best theory so far is that the Drust and the early Glinean explorers and/or Kul Tiran settlers most probably exchanged fluids to give us Amy Schumer and Andre the Giant-like hybrids?

Quote:
Old 03-26-2018, 03:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Interesting... So the best theory so far is that the Drust and the early Glinean explorers and/or Kul Tiran settlers most probably exchanged fluids to give us Amy Schumer and Andre the Giant-like hybrids?
The best theory so far is that the humans of Azeroth simply come in a large variety of sizes and body types, just like the humans of Earth do, and that given their hardy, boreal environment and 2700 years of living in a relatively isolated island area, the people of Kul Tirans have bloodlines that are specifically pretty large compared to other human nations.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:04 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
The best theory so far is that the humans of Azeroth simply come in a large variety of sizes and body types, just like the humans of Earth do, and that given their hardy, boreal environment and 2700 years of living in a relatively isolated island area, the people of Kul Tirans have bloodlines that are specifically pretty large compared to other human nations.
But that is kinda bonkers given that Insular Dwarfism, such as with humans, is a thing.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:20 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There's also Gorak Tul, the Drust king. He has a unique model (it uses vrykul animations) so he's probably our best bet at what drust looked like (though given he's got rotted skin and branches growing out of his head and arm it's hard to say how close he is in apperance to a regular living drust).
That's an amazing model. He looks just like a Vrykul. The branches thing would be just from the undead state, and not natural. Maybe "Drust" is the name of a "nation", not of a race?

Changing the subject, apparently it has been datamined that Gazlowe is going to be part of a Horde affiliated NPC team in the Island Expeditions... What does that mean for the Steamwheedle Cartel's supposed neutrality?

Last edited by Patrick_C; 03-26-2018 at 04:31 AM..
Old 03-26-2018, 06:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
But that is kinda bonkers given that Insular Dwarfism, such as with humans, is a thing.
And there is also island gigantism, so that is kinda nothing. Especially when we are talking about a population of sapient beings with well-developed maritime and mercantile culture living on a rather large landmass.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
And there is also island gigantism, so that is kinda nothing. Especially when we are talking about a population of sapient beings with well-developed maritime and mercantile culture living on a rather large landmass.
Yes, but Insular Gigantism is a phenomenon that applies to typically smaller animal species (e.g., rats, birds, etc.). We have observed Insular Dwarfism with humans, but not so much Insular Gigantism.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:07 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Yes, but Insular Gigantism is a phenomenon that applies to typically smaller animal species (e.g., rats, birds, etc.). We have observed Insular Dwarfism with humans, but not so much Insular Gigantism.
Typically is not absolutely, and Kul Tiras nowhere falls within the conditions where we would see a human case of insular dwarfism appear. There's also this tiny detail that the fauna of Azeroth has far, far larger creatures than seen on modern Earth in its repertoir, so the humans would be technically considered smaller species.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:19 AM

Arch-Druid

I don't think trying to explain things with science will work in a universe in which you can breathe in space and gravity is often neglected.

The two most likely explanations for the larger kul tirans are drust lineage or a particular kul tiran tradition to raise some of their people under special circunstances. Both are kinda flawed, thought, since we see normal and big humans side by side everywhere in kul tiras, instead of the larger ones being part of a separate ethnic group.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft