Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-07-2014, 03:07 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball The Coven - A Demon Thread

All these race appreciation threads and there's none for the man'ari? That should obviously be rectified, since they were responsible for all the evil in Warcraft before it became cool. Fuckin' hipsters... (OG's are just wannabes.)

So why do you like demons?
Do you like them unaffiliated or as legionnaires?
How would you like their story to unfold?
What revelations do you want to see the most?
Would you like to play as one?
Old 07-07-2014, 04:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

That's a silly name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Because I love the occult.

Quote:
I like both.

Kanrethad mentioned more cults being active out there. I want to meet them.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Because I love the occult.

I like both.

Kanrethad mentioned more cults being active out there. I want to meet them.
Same. I loved the info concerning the Observers and that they're mostly wanderers and hoarders of knowledge. The demon Lorewalkers.

Anyways, I would love to play a demon in WOW or at least play a warlock that looks like a demon (draenei), so the quests about being able to uncorrupt man'ari eredar are extremely interesting to me. I mean, even if you are able to turn these beings back into eredar (draenei), the reasons for them succumbing to the fel should still be there as well as the training, unless the procedure purges their memory. Potentially, this would allow for playable draenei warlocks. If you consider that Socrethar was also corrupted in the MU, it is likely that the Sargerai existed there and that this method to cure demons might also have been developed by MU draenei. As a consequence, many MU Sargerai could've been forced to returned to the fold, and some might even have decided to continue practicing demonology, with and/or without joining the Legion again. (Let's face it, all of them repenting should be farfetched just like all of them forsaking their new abilities, so some should side with the Legion even after being cured and some should remain draenei but also be warlocks.)

That said, I would prefer more traditional demons with wings. Succubi or Nathrezim, for example. A faction that's not loyal to the Legion and that agrees to work with mortals while their goals coincide.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 AM

Elune

I'd prefer more intelligent demons instead of mindless murdering beasts. I'd prefer more types of demons to act like traditional ones instead of just the Nathrezim.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I'd prefer more intelligent demons instead of mindless murdering beasts. I'd prefer more types of demons to act like traditional ones instead of just the Nathrezim.
The GF quests made some of the more brutish demons seem smart. It's a shame that we see that side of them so rarely. It's like they're all Garry-orcs in another skin.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:54 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
All these race appreciation threads and there's none for the man'ari? That should obviously be rectified, since they were responsible for all the evil in Warcraft before it became cool. Fuckin' hipsters... (OG's are just wannabes.)

How would you like their story to unfold?
What revelations do you want to see the most?
Would you like to play as one?
1. I love it when my minion burns flesh and soul of my victims. Ah, the sweet melody of agonizing screams... men, women, children, so many screams. A lust to kill and maim that never ends. The ecstatic moment, when you smell their fear and see their eyes widen in terror. When the demon rips through the flesh of the child and eats its heart before the eyes of the mother. The scream, yes, the scream... ok, nuff said. Who wants fruit salad?

2. As legionnaires, of course! With pitch black armor!

3. I want them to destroy Azeroth. The real story takes place after that...

4. Well, that Sargeras was corrupted by Tzeentch and that Azeroth is just another planet in the Warhammer 40k universe. Maybe a fight between WoW demons and 40k daemons?

5. Oh yes, especially as a dread lord. They have an appealing intellectual streak.

Does anyone agree that 40k demons are cooler than Wow demons?

Last edited by Sceptic; 07-07-2014 at 06:00 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 06:36 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Nathrezim! They're the only playable demon race worth entertaining.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:17 AM

Banished

I'm still annoyed that we didnt see the rest of the Council

Old 07-07-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I'm still annoyed that we didnt see the rest of the Council.
It's a shame that the story is discontinued. The Council is like Jaina and Lor'themar's acquisition of Mogu magic done right. If you've got quests like that, something must come out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Nathrezim! They're the only playable demon race worth entertaining.
If Sayaad weren't already a pet they'd be interesting too. Mostly based on the Holographic Emitter's words, though. We haven't really seen much of their activities as intelligence agents... Similarly, the Shivarra could be interesting, if shown in their role as priestesses and military chaplains. That's one of the problems with WOW's portrayal of most demons. It's like the fel killed the few neurons they had, turning them into nothing more than brutes and sexual deviants.

It's a shame really, when there's even a Wrathguard whose title claims that it is a scryer and then it just turns out to be a brute, like the rest of the Eredar's version of Krokul. Most demons are far too vain, rapacious and dimwitted to be a real threat.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:59 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

I could see (and would very much enjoy playing) Nathrezim possessing humanoids.

If they gave us actual Eredar instead of Draenei (or at least Draenei Warlocks) I could dig it.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:34 PM

Eternal

draenei are already as close to demon as your going to get. blizzard found a way to take the concept of demons, and go willy wonka on it.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Elune

Burning Legion a best

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I could see (and would very much enjoy playing) Nathrezim possessing humanoids.

If they gave us actual Eredar instead of Draenei (or at least Draenei Warlocks) I could dig it.
Been a long-time supporter of the draenei warlock idea. It would be fighting fire-with-fire; a select few draenei who have decided that the best way to fight the Burning Legion is by using their own slaves against them. Same idea as the Knights of the Ebon Blade. There's even some precedent for it back in the old RPG books, those uncorrupted warlocks who are able to utilize fel energy without letting it warp who they are.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 PM

Elune

Draenei Warlocks would basically be treated like Demon Hunters for NElfs, I think. I mean worse, but that same general direction.

It'd be weird but if there's a convincing explanation for it I'm in support. Tauradins were friggin weird too but I dig the Sunwalkers.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM

If/When we get the Legion expansion, it'd be rad if all of the (warlock) races got a female and male model showcasing how they'd look after being completely corrupted by fel energy and turning into a demon. Even more so if those models were used for the metamorphosis spell and it had all of the face, hair and decoration options the original models have. A metamorphosis that's custom tailored to your own character.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
If/When we get the Legion expansion, it'd be rad if all of the (warlock) races got a female and male model showcasing how they'd look after being completely corrupted by fel energy and turning into a demon. Even more so if those models were used for the metamorphosis spell and it had all of the face, hair and decoration options the original models have. A metamorphosis that's custom tailored to your own character.
No.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
No.
You're just jelly because DK's will never be relevant again.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:09 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
You're just jelly because DK's will never be relevant again.
You know that we are going back to Northrend in two expansions.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
You know that we are going back to Northrend in two expansions.
Alternate Northend too.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm all for gender Metamorphosis, but not race-based. We learned from the green fire quests that Meta was specifically based on Illidan's transformation, so it makes sense to turn into pseudo-Illidan.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
I'm all for gender Metamorphosis, but not race-based. We learned from the green fire quests that Meta was specifically based on Illidan's transformation, so it makes sense to turn into pseudo-Illidan.
Speaking of, why do Orcs in Shadowmoon Valley have that ability?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Draenei demon hunters should be one liner spitting action heroes like Arnold. Fuck fel magic.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

I love demons because they perfectly embody cunning, power, knowledge, and corruption. One can enslave them, consume them, become one of them... There are just so many more advantages to siding with them, than fighting against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
I know, but you'd think that they've figured out how to get the night elf out of the demon by now.

Tags
dark council, demons, felbloods, heretics allowed, heretics only, illidari, legion, sargerei, warcraft