Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Which race do you dislike/hate the most?
Blood Elf 7 8.05%
Draenei 14 16.09%
Dwarf 1 1.15%
Gnome 9 10.34%
Goblin 2 2.30%
Human 5 5.75%
Night Elf 4 4.60%
Orc 4 4.60%
Pandaren 10 11.49%
Tauren 8 9.20%
Troll 1 1.15%
Undead 14 16.09%
Worgen 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2014, 12:16 PM

Elune

Draenei. The male is a walking fridge, and the female makes me feel bad about myself. On second place the Worgen. Female looks like a chihuahua, and the male like a rat.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 01-15-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 12:29 PM

Elune

Draenei were this super alien race that is better than everyone that fell out of a space ship and joined the Alliance. I think that was when the Alliance started to go down hill. They didn't integrate into the world, especially the Alliance, at all.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Elune

Man, the thread before this one, the one Kir linked, had some crazy derails let me tell you.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Elune

Forsaken. they can do no wrong, and yet make Nazis seem pleasant. oh wait, sylvanas already puts people she doesn't like in death camps, and boasts the superiority of another kind of being.

....Did I just use godwins law on MYSELF!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Since the reasons for disliking a race could range from the lore to the appearance to the quests, I decided to create this poll in this section.

Anyways, the question should be fairly obvious: which race do you dislike/hate the most and why?
Pandaren. The pandaren had a whole expansion devoted to them, and though their history and culture is very well developed and I like that, they're just so thoroughly and universally nice that it's hard for me to take them seriously. They just love everyone and are super friendly and they always assume the best of everyone they meet. That would be fine if there was another side of that coin, but there really isn't any "evil" pandaren characters. The best we have are pandaren who become corrupted by the sha, but even then, you apparently just have to beat the sha out of them and they'll get over it. The pandaren reaction to the war that brings its conflict to their shores is largely: "Oh, that's ok. Want a beer?" The only pandaren with any teeth at all is Taran Zhu, and no one ever listens to the poor guy.

The draenei would be my second choice for exactly the same reason. Hopefully they get more well-rounded in the next expansion, but from everything I've seen it looks like they're just doubling down.

Now, I've always been of the mind that every race is interesting, in their own way, and every race has good characters that I like, but the focus of the game has been so dominated by orcs and humans that every other race is woefully underdeveloped. The worgen and goblins have very little content surrounding them following their starting experience, and those are both races that I think have a lot of potential. Goblins suffer from the same problem the gnomes face; they're small, thus comical. I think if the gnomes were examined through a less farcical lens they could be something really cool and not just the butt of every joke.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:54 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalim View Post
Pandaren. The pandaren had a whole expansion devoted to them, and though their history and culture is very well developed and I like that, they're just so thoroughly and universally nice that it's hard for me to take them seriously. They just love everyone and are super friendly and they always assume the best of everyone they meet. That would be fine if there was another side of that coin, but there really isn't any "evil" pandaren characters. The best we have are pandaren who become corrupted by the sha, but even then, you apparently just have to beat the sha out of them and they'll get over it. The pandaren reaction to the war that brings its conflict to their shores is largely: "Oh, that's ok. Want a beer?" The only pandaren with any teeth at all is Taran Zhu, and no one ever listens to the poor guy.

The draenei would be my second choice for exactly the same reason. Hopefully they get more well-rounded in the next expansion, but from everything I've seen it looks like they're just doubling down.

Now, I've always been of the mind that every race is interesting, in their own way, and every race has good characters that I like, but the focus of the game has been so dominated by orcs and humans that every other race is woefully underdeveloped. The worgen and goblins have very little content surrounding them following their starting experience, and those are both races that I think have a lot of potential. Goblins suffer from the same problem the gnomes face; they're small, thus comical. I think if the gnomes were examined through a less farcical lens they could be something really cool and not just the butt of every joke.

Fucking hell Neph what took you so long to post here?
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
Fucking hell Neph what took you so long to post here?
Blast from the past indeed.

@Neph, love your fanfiction man. Welcome back even if it's only for a day.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:29 AM

The Sun King

Given that the original basis for the Pandaren society was medieval Chinese Empires, it's a wonder that none of the darker periods/aspects made it into their history.

(Instead, it's as if all the bad stuff about Chinese Empires assumed the form of Mogu)
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Sagara#2842

I like the current consensus of Warcraft: Dwarves and Orcs (with Goblins Neutral in the middle)

Nothing wrong in the world indeed
Old 01-16-2014, 04:02 AM

Eternal

Like a fool, I accidentally clicked on Human by mistake. Can any admin/mod change my vote to Undead? For the Humans were my favourite race, and the Undead are the ones who I dislike the most.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:06 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDimus the Staunch View Post
Like a fool, I accidentally clicked on Human by mistake. Can any admin/mod change my vote to Undead? For the Humans were my favourite race, and the Undead are the ones who I dislike the most.
No, fate drove you to the correct choice...

Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagara View Post
I like the current consensus of Warcraft: Dwarves and Orcs (with Goblins Neutral in the middle)

Nothing wrong in the world indeed
Dwarves are cool I cant help but to like them, they are the most warrior like of the alliance races and have a long standing history of fellowship and honor both to themselves and their gnome/human allies

And the WC3 horde was the shit yo!
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:58 PM

Eternal

Nice to see you too, Mark.

And yeah, I also gotta say the dwarves have been the subject of, in my opinion, the most interesting progression of any race. While Magni's death (or maybe-death) was mirrored in the Horde with Cairne's, the tauren just got Baine to step up, while Ironforge underwent a dramatic political shift, AND they picked up a story beat I had begun to assume had been forgotten (the Dark Iron heir of Bronzebeard).
Old 01-20-2014, 04:58 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalim View Post
AND they picked up a story beat I had begun to assume had been forgotten (the Dark Iron heir of Bronzebeard).
I must admit, gotta give Blizzard some credit here, because I too thought they'd just totally forgotten about that.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 AM

Eternal

Am I really the first person to choose Goblins? You people are worse than I thought...
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
Am I really the first person to choose Goblins? You people are worse than I thought...
While I've got no real love for them, "Least Liked"? God no, nowhere close.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
I would like Goblins more if they dropped the Guido/Jersey Shore nonsense. No offense to people who like it, it shouldn't be the overall cultural set for a race in Warcraft in my opinion.

Kind of hate overused pop culture references overall. Here and there is okay.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 AM

Site Staff - Admin

I'm just saying, if all the races were throwing a party, who here thinks the night elf would be the most fun to hang out with?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:46 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
I'm just saying, if all the races were throwing a party, who here thinks the night elf would be the most fun to hang out with?
The Night Elf would probably atleast be happy to talk about animals and nature.

The Blood Elf would be all "I'm far too emo hipster to talk to you!" and then suck the Mana out of you. (And no, that's not an Innuendo, chaps.)

Last edited by Hammerbrew; 01-20-2014 at 08:57 AM..
Old 01-20-2014, 08:49 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

The question should be "who'd be the least fun to hang out with?" Obviously that's the goat-saints.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
The question should be "who'd be the least fun to hang out with?" Obviously that's the goat-saints.
Draenei breeding rituals. It involves a bag and two gnomes, what can go wrong?

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 PM

World Builder

Runes

Tauren are just awful.

No change despite moving from a nomadic lifestyle to a sedentary one.

Just pathetic.

Orcs should've sided with the centaur.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-20-2014, 02:26 PM

Treant
BattleTag: Durotan#1437

I personally don't like the Blood Elves. I didn't have the same amount of fun playing them than, say, the Tauren.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:30 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I really dislike blood elf forum posters (mostly those that post about their lack of lore and shit like that). But I really can't stand forsaken. most horde rogues are that race, same goes for warlocks or mages.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
And Dwarves would be the most fun, so gogo Dwarves!

I voted Tauren, they're just so bland, maybe even more bland than the Worgen.

Tags
duplicate thread, survey