Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Elune

Lets not get too crazy here. Blood elves are the superior evolutionary strain of high elves.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnfeld View Post
Humans have had any progression? They've had a presence alright, but if you're saying the blood elves have had no progression, then the humans have only had regression. Humans have appeared all over, in the wrong places, with no actual development, while their own lands and people are ignored and rot.

The blood elves have actually had a great deal of development and progression though, especially in Mists of Pandaria. In fact, they've probably had the best development of all the playable races.
This.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:15 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Lets not get too crazy here. Blood elves are the inferior devolutionary strain of high elves.
Fixed. Blood elves are the weak and the pathetic. The ones that couldn't handle the burden and thus took the easy way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
That's a bit misleading. Dalaran may be Alliance in lore, but in-game it's still Wrath-era neutral. While I'm happy that Dalaran has finally come home to the Alliance, let's not pretend that Alliance players now have a, "new, shiny city."

As for Blood/High Elves: I'm sick of Blood Elves. They can disappear into the background for an expansion or two.

With High Elves, I'd rather they had never been made a force to begin with. But since they are, I'd hope to see them somehow, someway get their population numbers up to being a viable race again. In WoW 2 I'd love to take part in the Silver Crusade to liberate Quel'thalas from the fel-sucking deviants that currently occupy it.
You my friend has become my favorite SoLer of the month.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 04-20-2014 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Elune

"Many of the stoic high elves, reeling from the loss of their ancient homeland, Quel'Thalas, have given in to their hatred and despair and embraced the dark side of their magical natures. Calling themselves 'Blood Elves' - these cold hearted refugees seek to expand their remaining magical powers at any cost - even if it means courting the infernal powers of the Burning Legion! Though still loyal to the Alliance, the Blood Elves' passions will lead them not only to the highest pinnacles of power, but to the darkest depths of madness." - Blood Mage

Friendly reminder Blood Elves could have been the Alliance's dark and edgy race.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:26 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
"Many of the stoic high elves, reeling from the loss of their ancient homeland, Quel'Thalas, have given in to their hatred and despair and embraced the dark side of their magical natures. Calling themselves 'Blood Elves' - these cold hearted refugees seek to expand their remaining magical powers at any cost - even if it means courting the infernal powers of the Burning Legion! Though still loyal to the Alliance, the Blood Elves' passions will lead them not only to the highest pinnacles of power, but to the darkest depths of madness." - Blood Mage

Friendly reminder Blood Elves could have been the Alliance's dark and edgy race.
Take your fel and choke on it. The Alliance should enact a grand crusade against all fel conjurors and abusers, against all undead fiends that doesn't fight for the living. By the Light and the Titans shall you all be purged of your impurity and sins.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

The Alliance itself will take care of the High Elf problem. After all, the High Elves have always been fickle, fair-weather friends who abandon their allies when they're sated. I'm sure Varian will purge them once Vereesa decides to betray Jaina because reasons.

Lor'themar's instilling a culture of loyalty and mutual co-operation in Quel'thalas, as part of the Horde. The High Elves haven't undergone that cultural reform. I mean, they even betrayed their own homeland. Why wouldn't they betray someone else's?
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:34 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
The Alliance itself will take care of the High Elf problem. After all, the High Elves have always been fickle, fair-weather friends who abandon their allies when they're sated. I'm sure Varian will purge them once Vereesa decides to betray Jaina because reasons.

Lor'themar's instilling a culture of loyalty and mutual co-operation in Quel'thalas, as part of the Horde. The High Elves haven't undergone that cultural reform. I mean, they even betrayed their own homeland. Why wouldn't they betray someone else's?
You're actually talking about the blood elves. The modern High elves are those who remain pure and uncorrupted. The honourable and loyal few, the ones that rose above their kind's faults and errors. The blood elves haven't changed at all from their fallen ancestors, the blind followers of Aszhara. Pathetic weaklings that will one day betray the Horde, which they almost did before the Purge forced them back to their "beloved" orcish masters.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Oh look, roleplay. It's Xilizhandrin all over again.

How... Delightful.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:49 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Oh look, roleplay. It's Xilizhandrin all over again.

How... Delightful.
Nope, the truth. Not roleplaying. The blood elves are those that heeded the call to isolate themselves from the other races of the Eastern kingdoms. The ones that blamed humans for their losses despite the effort the humans had done to defend them. The same damned filth that blamed the Alliance for the Scourging, whining like little bitches when they didn't come to the aid of their fair weather former allies. Aid that couldn't come because they had already fallen. Had the old high elves had any sliver of honour and decency like the dwarves they would've been in the thick of it before Arthas fell, possibly even stopping the emergence of the Scourge. The stupid fools got what they deserved and hopefully the remaining High elves will rise to better themselves as the despicable blood elves plunges into decadence and ruin.
The bloody fools created Garithos with their idiotic shortsightedness.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 04-20-2014 at 11:54 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 AM

Elune

The Alliance betrayed the blood elves! It is because King Varian Wrynn wasn't around to bring righteousness to the Alliance.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:54 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
The Alliance betrayed the blood elves! It is because King Varian Wrynn wasn't around to bring righteousness to the Alliance.
Blood elf propaganda and revisionism.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Old 04-20-2014, 12:44 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, the truth. Not roleplaying. The blood elves are those that heeded the call to isolate themselves from the other races of the Eastern kingdoms. The ones that blamed humans for their losses despite the effort the humans had done to defend them. The same damned filth that blamed the Alliance for the Scourging, whining like little bitches when they didn't come to the aid of their fair weather former allies. Aid that couldn't come because they had already fallen. Had the old high elves had any sliver of honour and decency like the dwarves they would've been in the thick of it before Arthas fell, possibly even stopping the emergence of the Scourge. The stupid fools got what they deserved and hopefully the remaining High elves will rise to better themselves as the despicable blood elves plunges into decadence and ruin.
The bloody fools created Garithos with their idiotic shortsightedness.
The fan wank is strong in this one

Last edited by belorealah; 04-20-2014 at 12:46 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 12:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
The fan wank is strong in this one
Belorealah calling anybody out on 'fan wank'.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Belorealah calling anybody out on 'fan wank'.

Hay! I stick to canon lore. Not blow my load over bullshit.

Yes, I adore the Blood Elves, not made any lie about that. But, at least I don't bullshit to make myself feel better....

Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Hay! I stick to canon lore. Not blow my load over bullshit.

Yes, I adore the Blood Elves, not made any lie about that. But, at least I don't bullshit to make myself feel better....
Quote:
The alliance did as much genocide, war and stealing. They were worse IMO.
Okay.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Okay.

Take note.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:53 PM

Elune

Quote:

Take note.
Quote:
I did.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I did.
You're ignoring the fact alliance enslaved panda-children/adults in jade forest. Though, I suppose the Horde do kidnap children and hold them so the pandas won't attack.

Unsure which is worse. IMO both as bad as eachother. I was simply arguing the point that Pandas should have joined EITHER race.

Your argument doesn't really hold any ground.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
You're ignoring the fact alliance enslaved panda-children/adults in jade forest. Though, I suppose the Horde do kidnap children and hold them so the pandas won't attack.

Unsure which is worse. IMO both as bad as eachother. I was simply arguing the point that Pandas should have joined EITHER race.

Your argument doesn't really hold any ground.
The Alliance accepted the Pandaren volunteers who didn't realise they were constructing an airbase. Then the Sha of Doubt started corrupting the commander and inhabitants who became so paranoid he demanded they remain.

The Horde kidnapped the children because the Pandaren refused to give them supplies.

Neither instance is exactly 'good' but at least the Pandaren came to the Alliance willingly and their staying is because the Sha was corrupting the commander.

Compare that to the rest of MoP which is mostly the Horde running around trying to get its hands on everything whilst the Alliance rushes to stop them.

And my point is that no, the Alliance did not inflict genocide. The whole damn point of Garrosh being that is that he explicitly wants to inflict it upon the Alliance. The Alliance are on Pandaria for a rescue mission and later on to protect it from the Horde whilst the Horde are there to "paint this new land red".

Last edited by Drusus; 04-20-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 01:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Alliance accepted the Pandaren volunteers who didn't realise they were constructing an airbase. Then the Sha of Doubt started corrupting the commander and inhabitants who became so paranoid he demanded they remain.

The Horde kidnapped the children because the Pandaren refused to give them supplies.

Neither instance is exactly 'good' but at least the Pandaren came to the Alliance willingly and their staying is because the Sha was corrupting the commander.

Compare that to the rest of MoP which is mostly the Horde running around trying to get its hands on everything whilst the Alliance rushes to stop them.

And my point is that no, the Alliance did not inflict genocide. The whole damn point of Garrosh being that is that he explicitly wants to inflict it upon the Alliance. The Alliance are on Pandaria for a rescue mission and later on to protect it from the Horde whilst the Horde are there to "paint this new land red".
Just did a bit of research, seems I was wrong. So I stand defeated.

My apologies

Old 04-20-2014, 01:25 PM

Banished

Both of them did fanwank, doesnt make Yaskaleh post any less dumb.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
You my friend has become my favorite SoLer of the month.
*bows*

You should see my ideas of where the High Elves would base themselves during the century or two it would take to get their population high again. It's actually partly inspired by your Hinterlands faction back in the old "War for Lordaeron" thread.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:14 PM

Elune

The high elves should just die out already. They are a missing link and don't need to be part of the story anymore.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:30 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
The high elves should just die out already. They are a missing link and don't need to be part of the story anymore.
And people have the stomache to complain when I suggest to purify Azeroth of the Blood elven taint. you lot is just as bad.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
duplicate thread, eastern kingdoms, never trust an elf