Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM

Critter

Default Accessing the Elemental Plane

With the recent news of the expansion I was curious as to how Deathwing could have accessed this plane? We all know that mages pull elementals from the plane and bind them using magical bindings but how would one enter the plane?

The Titans banished the elementals to that plane so is it possible Deathwing managed to learn or access some Titan tech that could allow this?

If access to the Elemental Plane is possible could we perhaps be going there and seeing Ragnaros once more?

Mostly speculation on my part I agree but I'm just interpreting it from this on the website "An ancient evil lies dormant within Deepholm, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane.".

Later
Freeman
Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
If access to the Elemental Plane is possible could we perhaps be going there and seeing Ragnaros once more?
Ragnaros is already back because Deathwing opened up the Plane, he's attacking the World Tree and fighting Malfurion.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
With the recent news of the expansion I was curious as to how Deathwing could have accessed this plane? We all know that mages pull elementals from the plane and bind them using magical bindings but how would one enter the plane?

The Titans banished the elementals to that plane so is it possible Deathwing managed to learn or access some Titan tech that could allow this?

Mostly speculation on my part I agree but I'm just interpreting it from this on the website "An ancient evil lies dormant within Deepholm, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane.".

Later
Freeman
Oh also there are two holes that take us to this different plane. So it seems that accesing the Elemental plane would be so easy has just digging deep enough
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 08-21-2009, 06:39 PM

Owl Scout

Actually, Blizz stated that Deathwing's coming here caused them to "merge" or something like it. The elemental plane was not previously accessible like this.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Sentinel Queen

Deathwing returns caused a gap in the plane and the elementals plane are right now connected with Azeroth again.

Earth plane accessible through the rift deathwing made
Fire plane accessible from Ragnaros' operation base in Hyjal
Water plane accessible from the Vasjh'ir ruines under the seas
Air plane accessible from the Blackrock cavern ( new instance next to blackrock spire)

There is a raid in each of those part, so we will definitely fight each of the elemental lords there.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:16 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
Air plane accessible from the Blackrock cavern
Did Blizz confirm that during one of their panels/interviews today? Or is that just speculation. They did in fact confirm the other three planes however I know for sure.

Quote:
There is a raid in each of those part, so we will definitely fight each of the elemental lords there.
Also, did they confirm a raid zone within Deepholm? They never mentioned anything from what I saw, nor mentioned Therezane at all. I'm guessing "hoping" that the Temple of Earth in the center of Deepholm is in fact a raid instance featuring her.

Last edited by Nuke1096; 08-21-2009 at 09:18 PM..
Old 08-21-2009, 10:06 PM

Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
Did Blizz confirm that during one of their panels/interviews today? Or is that just speculation. They did in fact confirm the other three planes however I know for sure.

Also, did they confirm a raid zone within Deepholm? They never mentioned anything from what I saw, nor mentioned Therezane at all. I'm guessing "hoping" that the Temple of Earth in the center of Deepholm is in fact a raid instance featuring her.
There was no reference to a Skywall or Therezane raid, but they did mention Skywall being "brought down" by Deathwing.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:10 PM

Chimaera

Skywall was stated to being a planned Raid near the end of the preview panel actually.

Nothing on Therazane or the Temple of Earth as an actual raid though.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:16 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
Skywall was stated to being a planned Raid near the end of the preview panel actually.

Nothing on Therazane or the Temple of Earth as an actual raid though.
Well for the Temple of Earth I was speculating, since every plane has a raid, I can't see deepholme not having one.

Skywall was pretty much confirmed when they talked of Blackrock Caverns who were next to balckrock spire.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:20 PM

Sentinel Queen

Said on the dungeons and raids pannel :

" Abyssal maw was first built by the titans for the elemental of water but since the cataclysm the Nagas discovers it and moved there = conflict"

What the... ?

If the nagas were affiliated with neptulon, why does the fight with elemental of waters inside his home? I don't understand :x
Old 08-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Ragnaros is already back because Deathwing opened up the Plane, he's attacking the World Tree and fighting Malfurion.
Wait?! What? Tell me this is made up. I mean I could see Malfurion fighting Ragnaros, but damn it, give the man a break. He's been fighting for 6 years straight now.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Ranger

If some crappy Dark Irons can break the barrier to summon Ragnaros to this world what makes you think the most powerful living spellcaster left, Deathwing can't get into it?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Wait?! What? Tell me this is made up. I mean I could see Malfurion fighting Ragnaros, but damn it, give the man a break. He's been fighting for 6 years straight now.
Oh its no joke my friend. Ragnaros is back, and in Metzen’s words “really pissed off” that we banished him the first time. This time though, he’s at full power straight from the Elemental plane and, I guess, renewing the ancient rivalry between fire and trees.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:25 AM

Ranger

I always thought the naga-neptulon relationship was a cool fanwank, is there a quest in-game that says they are buddies or something?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Oh its no joke my friend. Ragnaros is back, and in Metzen’s words “really pissed off” that we banished him the first time. This time though, he’s at full power straight from the Elemental plane and, I guess, renewing the ancient rivalry between fire and trees.
Im fine with Ragnaros being back, but honestly Malfurion is engaged in a fight with him?

Its pretty cool he can stand up to Ragnaros though.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Piggy View Post
I always thought the naga-neptulon relationship was a cool fanwank, is there a quest in-game that says they are buddies or something?
It basically was. Only one Naga is confirmed to worship Neptulon, and he is labeled a heretic. What he says is nebulous as to the relationship of Neptulon with the Naga as a whole.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Elune

Well they’re the same Naga working with Skar’this. Just because some Naga work with Neptulon does not mean that they all do, or that Queen Azshara does.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Taking bets now that if they do a Therazane raid, people will accuse Blizzard of being lazy and stealing models from Mauradon...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:58 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I wouldn't be surprised if the Earth elementals weren't happy about Deathwing taking over Deepholm. It seems like each zone will be getting a neutral faction to ally with. Hyjal will get malfurion's druids, twilight highlands will have the red dragonflight, perhaps the Earth elementals (the most neutral of the 4 elemental types) will be fighting the black dragons?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:44 AM

Wisp

Quote:
Im fine with Ragnaros being back, but honestly Malfurion is engaged in a fight with him?

I can see Malfurion in a fight with Ragnaros. Ragnaros is in Hyjal trying to destroy the world tree which is growing back again. Malfurion would want to protect that and make sure no gets a hold of the well that Illidan made.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 AM

Owl Scout

Regarding an elemental earth raid in deepholm… since this is the home of the planned big bad guy of the expansion it seems to me that they won't release this raid until the last patch of the expansion…

If Deathwing is Arthas, the Temple of Earth is Icecrown Citadel.

70 Lemons' Worth of Vitamin C in Every Bottle
Old 08-26-2009, 12:37 AM

Druid of the Talon

Orb of Fire

Quote:

If I could watch just one NPC fight end up like DBZ, I think it would be this. But, um, why is he doing this again? I mean... seriously. It's like Rag doesn't even try anymore.
Although he is missing his mace... and probably his favorite lava dredger.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraphrased from the Blizzcon WoW Open Q&A Panel

Questioner: The Burning Crusade featured a paladin-themed city and Wrath of the Lich King a mage-themed city. Will Cataclysm, with its focus on the Elemental Planes, feature a shaman-themed city?

Chris Metzen: Yes...And it will be epic.
Where could it be? I'm guessing Deepholme, somewhere, with Therazane as the leader of the city? She was already been tagged as " neutral" almongst the Elemental lords, could she retains a part of Deepholme and make it a capital city ?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cclemon View Post
Regarding an elemental earth raid in deepholm… since this is the home of the planned big bad guy of the expansion it seems to me that they won't release this raid until the last patch of the expansion…

If Deathwing is Arthas, the Temple of Earth is Icecrown Citadel.
Actually, I don't think so... Deathwing left Deepholm after all which caused the Cataclysm. Also, Deepholm shall become the 'middle' zone.

I rather believe that Grim'Batol will serve as the 'Icecrown' of this expansion.

But hey, I believe many things... Like a possible new neutral pandaren faction. ;P