Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-03-2016, 05:37 PM

Eternal

Medivh Ask me your Chronicle Vol 1. Questions

Kinda wasn't seeing this coming, but hey, figure I could try to fuel the hype train a bit more by answering some questions soooooooo yeah.

Hit me up.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.

Last edited by Shaman; 03-18-2016 at 10:20 AM..
Old 03-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Fire

The Elemental Lords: go crow!
Old 03-03-2016, 05:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
The Elemental Lords: go!
Short version: They fought each other for funsies, then got beaten into the service of the Old Gods, and then got schooled by the Titan-created proxy armies.

It's then specifically Ra and Helya who created the Elemental Plane as a pocket dimension in which to seal the elemental lords... a process which was inspired by Sargeras' creation of Mardum as a prison for the demons he conquered.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:57 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

What can you tell me about goblin origins, wild gods and gnomes, if there is any gnome lore?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:00 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Short version: They fought each other for funsies, then got beaten into the service of the Old Gods, and then got schooled by the Titan-created proxy armies.

It's then specifically Ra and Helya who created the Elemental Plane as a pocket dimension in which to seal the elemental lords... a process which was inspired by Sargeras' creation of Mardum as a prison for the demons he conquered.
What else do we know about Uldum and Ulduar from the book?

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
What can you tell me about goblin origins, wild gods and gnomes, if there is any gnome lore?
Nothing yet, but I'll keep you posted. Less than 40 pages in so far.

Revenant - Moderator

Any non-biographical lore on the watchers and keepers? Blizzard recently nailed down "titanic watchers" as their name, but in the preview they use "titan-forged." Is that significant or just another rename?

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Also, page 36.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Eternal

IGoD is also talking about stuff in the Legion thread for anyone who hasn't seen that.

Mister Crow is there anything about the Emerald Dream that we didn't know before?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Anything about the human kingdoms that we didn't already know? I wouldn't mind knowing more details about Gilneas and Stromgarde specifically.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Everything about the Light.

What is the nature of it? How does it work?

All that good stuff.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Kingdoms and stuff probably won't go into much in this volume.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
What else do we know about Uldum and Ulduar from the book?
The primary purpose for these locations were centered on the Forge of Wills (for creating more constructs for the purposes of safeguarding Azeroth) and the Forge of Origination (which directly regulated the planet's life-force while also having the re-origination failsafe built in).

Ulduar was situated over Yogg-Saron principally because he was the last OG defeated. Uldum wasn't intended to be a prison complex, but Ra patrolled it, Ahn'Qiraj (C'thun's prison) and the Vault of Y'shaarj (where the remains of Y'shaarj were kept) simultaneously.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:13 PM

Eternal

So AQ isn't considered part of Uldum anymore?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:14 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

anything on pandaria/mogu/more on ra-den?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:15 PM

Site Staff - Admin

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball

Quote:
The primary purpose for these locations were centered on the Forge of Wills (for creating more constructs for the purposes of safeguarding Azeroth) and the Forge of Origination (which directly regulated the planet's life-force while also having the re-origination failsafe built in).

Ulduar was situated over Yogg-Saron principally because he was the last OG defeated. Uldum wasn't intended to be a prison complex, but Ra patrolled it, Ahn'Qiraj (C'thun's prison) and the Vault of Y'shaarj (where the remains of Y'shaarj were kept) simultaneously.
Any word on Uldaman's purpose?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Any non-biographical lore on the watchers and keepers? Blizzard recently nailed down "titanic watchers" as their name, but in the preview they use "titan-forged." Is that significant or just another rename?
I don't want to spoil everything about them, but the core thing is that we're seeing a lot of the Keepers working in tandem when nothing ever hinted at that before.

Archaedas from Uldaman, as well as Thorim, Loken, Freya, Hodir, Tyr, and Mimiron from Ulduar, are mentioned as cooperating with Ra (Ra-Den) and Odyn. So there's definitely work being done to communicate that all of these Keepers were part of the same force.

Interestingly, the actual Halls of Origination bosses (Rajh, Ammunae, Setesh, and Isiset) are not name-dropped in the same way. (At least, not yet.)

To more directly answer the question, the Keepers are the constructs imbued with aspects of the Titans themselves, and tasked with securing Azeroth against the Old Gods. The "titan-forged" is a catch-all term for all of the Titan-created constructs produced by the Forge of Wills who work with the Keepers, which includes the anubisath, the tol'vir, the earthen, the mogu, the vrykul, the mechagnomes, and the stone/sea giants.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:24 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I don't want to spoil everything about them, but the core thing is that we're seeing a lot of the Keepers working in tandem when nothing ever hinted at that before.

Archaedas from Uldaman, as well as Thorim, Loken, Freya, Hodir, Tyr, and Mimiron from Ulduar, are mentioned as cooperating with Ra (Ra-Den) and Odyn. So there's definitely work being done to communicate that all of these Keepers were part of the same force.

Interestingly, the actual Halls of Origination bosses (Rajh, Ammunae, Setesh, and Isiset) are not name-dropped in the same way. (At least, not yet.)

To more directly answer the question, the Keepers are the constructs imbued with aspects of the Titans themselves, and tasked with securing Azeroth against the Old Gods. The "titan-forged" is a catch-all term for all of the Titan-created constructs produced by the Forge of Wills who work with the Keepers, which includes the anubisath, the tol'vir, the earthen, the mogu, the vrykul, the mechagnomes, and the stone/sea giants.
I'm not exactly sure on that, since the term "Titan Forged" is used before the forges are built. I think it also includes the keeper "race," since there are the main keepers created by the pantheon, and but there are other lesser keepers just referred to as Titan Forged such as Helya.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:24 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I wish they'd tell us where Ra-den is now

I just imagine him chilling in Pandaria with the mogu serving him drinks by Krasrang's beaches or something like "fuck this I ain't doing any more work"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:26 PM

Eternal

Yeah I had assumed Ra died in MoP but was told a while back he didn't, so where the heck is he now?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:26 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

So Ra wasn't THAT important after all? And Odyn was Tyr superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nazgrim
Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...
Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromash View Post
So Ra wasn't THAT important after all? And Odyn was Tyr superior.
Ra is important though. He killed the most powerful old god with his mogu creations and created the elemental planes. Odyn was just the leader but I wouldn't say that makes everything.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
IGoD is also talking about stuff in the Legion thread for anyone who hasn't seen that.

Mister Crow is there anything about the Emerald Dream that we didn't know before?
Umm... there is definitely something about the Dream that I don't think we knew before.

I don't want to give EVERYTHING in the book away, but the chief takeaway is that the Emerald Dream does seem to be tied to Azeroth in a very particular way. My previous theories about the Dream potentially being a subreal dimension (as was implied by that Cosmos image from the preview) are decidedly disproven by the explanation given here.

To set one thing straight though, here's an order of operations for you:

1) Old Gods land on Azeroth and enslave the Elemental Lords.
2) Titans come, install the titan-forged, and lay the smacketh down. C'thun, N'zoth, and Yoggy are all imprisoned, and Y'shaarj is killed. As a consequence of this, the Well of Eternity is created.
3) The Forges are built, the Emerald Dream is tapped for the first time, and the Wild Gods spring forth from the places where the Well's energies coalesce, including Sholozar, Un'goro, and the VoEB. Freya links the Wild Gods with the Dream.

More to come, obviously.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:33 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Ra is important though. He killed the most powerful old god with his mogu creations and created the elemental planes. Odyn was just the leader but I wouldn't say that makes everything.
True, true.

Dude's a shaman enthusiast and forgot Ra created the elemental planes.

Swear to god I think I have Alzheimer's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nazgrim
Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...
Old 03-03-2016, 06:33 PM

What about the pre-troll Loa? Are they Wild Gods too, like we've been hypothesising, or are they something else?

Tags
azeroth, chronicle, everybody's dead dave., lore, titans, warcraft