Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-28-2018, 07:00 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
If they don't work a little more in the models I hope they push back the release date, MMO champion just posted the model viewer of the Nightborne and well, they look great, they have earrings and face decorations (even the male ones) but they lack the same thing most of the other allied races lack, skin colors and faces.
I can see that Blizzard can push them that way to collect some data and then decide how much resources they should spend on it and update them with patches.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:18 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

There is a big difference between progressive and SJW

SJW is just progressive plus nazi stuff.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPlayer View Post
That's one of the most retarded explanations in WoW I saw. Tyrande is careful to trust obviously traitor-themed elves? It's her fault of Nightborne joining Horde.
It's not what she said but how she worded it. She confounded every prejudice non-nelfs have of them. She just sucks at diplomacy.
Would you rather side with someone who scoffs at you at every opportunity, nose high-up in the air, or someone who actually empathizes with your situation, like Liadrin.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-28-2018, 07:51 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Tome of Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVAUO7Hp9X8

So the Nightborne joining the Horde is all Tyrande's fault. I approve.
Send an actual diplomat next time!
Kind of old news, but still hilarious. "Trust but Verify" must be a phrase that causes Thalyssra to have a stroke.

Liadrin's point is still ridiculous given that the Eastern Kingdoms didn't know about Kalimdor and vice versa until the third war. Ah, but I love the use of the word "prideful" most of all. It just tickles me on the inside.

Pride is bad, don't you know? According to Darkshore Cataclysm victims, it will cause hurricanes to come after you. It's especially bad if by "pride", the writers mean a) caring about your sovereignty, b) caring about your life, and/or c) showing concern over flippant use of unstable sources of power that have repeatedly created would-be-world-destroying tyrants! Those are all bad. If you want to live a balanced, hurricane-free life, you need to let go of those things. Try killing yourself!
Old 01-28-2018, 08:12 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I can't believe some posters here truly think the way the Nightborne join the Horde is great. It's one of the most retarded and contrieved excuse I have ever seen. Besides, even if Tyrande was "mean" (if you are a snowflake crybaby), being exited to kill the Alliance that helped you get rid of the Legion is dumb as fuck.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:30 AM

Faerie Dragon

I've been uploading images to Twitter of things I found, there are Sandfury and Amani Gongs and Banners, I hope they add Drakari ones, and there is something really interesting about the squidface guys.

The texture is made in the same way the playable character textures are made, it's REALLY uncommon for Blizzard to do that for a model inside the "creatures" folder, normally when they do something like that they put the model inside the "character" folder with the playable races, two good examples are the Naga and the Vrykul, but the only model I know that it has a texture like that and is not inside the "character" folder is the Female Vrykul update from Legion.

This is the body texture from the priest (I can't access the normal guys' texture yet)

Could this be the first step towards a non-bone forsaken? like the Chinese version?
Old 01-28-2018, 08:46 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
Could this be the first step towards a non-bone forsaken? like the Chinese version?
As much as i'd love that - knowing Blizzard they're gonna fuck it up and have non-bone Forsaken be Allied Races Nathanos-style instead of just offering new customization options. Speaking of whish - wouldn't the first step towards non-bone Forsaken be to simply port over the already existing chinese models? That's like five minutes of work and that includes a potty break.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:26 AM

Arch-Druid

I wonder where Darnassus/Undercity portals will drop you off after the cities are destroyed.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:33 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I wonder where Darnassus/Undercity portals will drop you off after the cities are destroyed.
My guess is that they'll just be removed.

Edit: Though it would be funny if they were used as a lore test.

"Well Earl, looks like another Orc got dropped into the blight pit. That's the fifth one today!"

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 01-28-2018 at 10:35 AM..
Old 01-28-2018, 11:05 AM

Banished

Recommend you to join Discord guys: https://discord.gg/2ZXbJeA
Attached Images

Last edited by Aram; 01-28-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Old 01-28-2018, 11:07 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
I can't believe some posters here truly think the way the Nightborne join the Horde is great. It's one of the most retarded and contrieved excuse I have ever seen. Besides, even if Tyrande was "mean" (if you are a snowflake crybaby), being exited to kill the Alliance that helped you get rid of the Legion is dumb as fuck.
Well Tyrande was on point, they betrayed the Alliance the second they did not need them. it's not like remaining uninvolved was not an option.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:19 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Recommend you to join Discord guys: https://discord.gg/2ZXbJeA
Feeling so much WC3 nostalgia from this pic. Reminded me of the UD campaign where Sylvannas teams up with Garithos to retake Lordaeron.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:39 AM

Eternal

"I know you were betrayed and nearly killed by your own people and your leader for actively trying to kill her after she made a pact with the Burning Legion, but I don't trust you because 10,000 years y'all were kinda assholes - even though we allowed other Highborne that actively used a powerful demon to live for 10,000 years (and started killing off their own when it wasn't working so well anymore) into our society again. The fact you also selflessly managed to save hundreds of Nightborne lives, who are our not-so-distant kin, means nothing to me, as well." - Tyrande to Thalyssra
Old 01-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Banished

Old 01-28-2018, 12:34 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
"I know you were betrayed and nearly killed by your own people and your leader for actively trying to kill her after she made a pact with the Burning Legion, but I don't trust you because 10,000 years y'all were kinda assholes - even though we allowed other Highborne that actively used a powerful demon to live for 10,000 years (and started killing off their own when it wasn't working so well anymore) into our society again. The fact you also selflessly managed to save hundreds of Nightborne lives, who are our not-so-distant kin, means nothing to me, as well." - Tyrande to Thalyssra
This

Look, Tyrande-Apologists. I got no problem with her not immediately trusting someone whose kind where enemies last time they were seen. But the problem with Tyrande is that no matter what you do, you can never win her trust.
Just ask Illidan. He sacrificed himself for Azeroth and she's still kinda "eh" about his motives.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-28-2018, 12:54 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
This

Look, Tyrande-Apologists. I got no problem with her not immediately trusting someone whose kind where enemies last time they were seen. But the problem with Tyrande is that no matter what you do, you can never win her trust.
Just ask Illidan. He sacrificed himself for Azeroth and she's still kinda "eh" about his motives.
I can understand Thalyssra feeling put out about it, but not leaping to "therefore I want to kill you and your people". As was mentioned earlier, she could have stayed neutral if not for this idea Blizzard has about wanting to suck everything up under the factions.

The bigger issue for me though is that once again, we don't get the Night Elves' side of things. Night Elves have good reasons to mistrust arcane magic, but instead of ever being allowed to express those reasons, they are just portrayed as unthinking bigots. That's kind of a strange thing to do if at the same time you are expecting Night Elf players to be invested in their characters, but it's even stranger right before everyone is suddenly supposed to feel sympathy for them.

I mean, why should your average Alliance player view Teldrassil as an outrageous event? What have the writers done to make people want to care about what happens to the Night Elves?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:09 PM

Eternal

I forgot to add that Thalyssra's biggest sin during the War of the Ancients was that she simply existed. She was a civilian as far as we can tell and didn't become an advisor to Elisande until long after she had become a Nightborne.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:17 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
I forgot to add that Thalyssra's biggest sin during the War of the Ancients was that she simply existed. She was a civilian as far as we can tell and didn't become an advisor to Elisande until long after she had become a Nightborne.
I don't know about that. Now this is just my interpretation, but based on their interactions, I garnered that Tyrande was familiar with Thalyssra. As if she had been a person of public interest even before the WotA.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:19 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
If I am auditing a client, I don't care about their background, I care about obtaining proof of their assertions. If that company committed fraud in the past, the fact that the new CFO had nothing to do with the prior fraud does not mean that I don't have fraud risk factors to consider.

It also doesn't make it okay if the CFO then tries to knife me in the parking lot.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
If I am auditing a client, I don't care about their background, I care about obtaining proof of their assertions. If that company committed fraud in the past, the fact that the new CFO had nothing to do with the prior fraud does not mean that I don't have fraud risk factors to consider.

It also doesn't make it okay if the CFO then tries to knife me in the parking lot.
Alright, still assuming that, then how do we reconcile the Shen'dralar Highborne being added with very little protest?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:35 PM

Loremaster

Hey, big surprise. The faction leaders who did jack shit against the Legion continue to fuck things up after it's been defeated.

Why haven't we raided and killed these worthless assholes yet?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:38 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Seeing Brill completely destroyed... after the forsaken's ridiculous plot armor in Cata, this is worth Teldrassil.

I do wonder what Capital City is going to look like post Battle of Lordaeron. We know that the Horde does lose it completely, but Undercity "not being defensible" implies there's significant damage done to it. Will it be plague like the out of order scenario steps originally made it sound like? Just rubble like Brill? Collapsed in a sinkhole?

Also I wonder how Teldrassil will be portrayed in game? The trailer made it look like a single WMO object, but that would be the biggest one in the game, even dwarfing Sargeras' sword.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Orb of Fire

Quote:
Alright, still assuming that, then how do we reconcile the Shen'dralar Highborne being added with very little protest?
IIRC, the Highborne operate under some restrictions and supervision, and are not terribly popular among other Kaldorei.

Quote:
Seeing Brill completely destroyed... after the forsaken's ridiculous plot armor in Cata, this is worth Teldrassil.
I'm not sure I agree, or see why Night Elf players should agree. The Kaldorei have no historical or cultural connection to Lordaeron, and Lordaeron doesn't factor into their geopolitical objectives. Am I supposed to feel good because it's revenge? Why should I care about this place?

For a human player it's worth it, but they didn't lose anything of value to begin with. Why did they need Teldrassil to motivate them? Aren't they motivated already? Where is the trade here? What did they sacrifice?

I don't mean to be a jerk here, but I have yet to hear why Teldrassil is good storytelling. No one but Night Elves have a reason to even care about it, and for the Night Elves, it's just another reminder that Blizzard appears to think that they made the wrong choice on the character selection screen.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:56 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree, or see why Night Elf players should agree. The Kaldorei have no historical or cultural connection to Lordaeron, and Lordaeron doesn't factor into their geopolitical objectives. Am I supposed to feel good because it's revenge? Why should I care about this place?

For a human player it's worth it, but they didn't lose anything of value to begin with. Why did they need Teldrassil to motivate them? Aren't they motivated already? Where is the trade here? What did they sacrifice?

I don't mean to be a jerk here, but I have yet to hear why Teldrassil is good storytelling. No one but Night Elves have a reason to even care about it, and for the Night Elves, it's just another reminder that Blizzard appears to think that they made the wrong choice on the character selection screen.
I see it from an Alliance/Horde standpoint rather than an individual race standpoint. For example, I play a gnome, who should have no investment in either Teldrassil or Undercity, but just from an overall faction viewpoint I think it's worth it, as the Forsaken's level of plot armor has been very annoying (and given how SoO became less Alliance invades a faction capital to get revenge on Garrosh while the Horde gets a cool revolution story and more "Horde gets a cool revolution story oh and the Alliance can help too" the Horde's plot armor in general).

Also since we know Blizzard enforces parity, so if Undercity gets destroyed the Alliance has to suffer an equally large loss. If it had been Stormwind or Ironforge I'd equally say it was worth it. Teldrassil was destroyed simply because Blizzard wanted the Alliance to control the Eastern Kingdoms and the Horde to control Kalimdor, and Teldrassil happened to be the Alliance's main city in Kalimdor. Had Exodar been the main city and Teldrassil an instanced add on area that doesn't get used and thus wouldn't cause a lot of stir, they would have destroyed the Exodar.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 01-28-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Old 01-28-2018, 02:02 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I feel as though I've misunderstood your position for a while, so excuse me if this question feels obvious.

Is it your position that you will not personally be satisfied with BfA unless the Night Elves humiliatingly lose in an improbable, but highly effective Horde land campaign, or is there some larger theme that the possibility I raised violates?
I think I described my position well enough when I explained that I am a Warcraft I/II fan and the reason for that is that nothing was sacred. Whole continents lost, forced migrations, death on every single step.

And really, you need to tone down your fixation on the night elves.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft